Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was born within 1.5 miles of the Goldstone. On a Wednesday in between home wins ....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was born in an otter sanctuary in the 1970s, or flahem deprst as my father, Dennis, an otter, called them when reminiscing through his somewhat blunted fangs during the 1980s - gklath depru. Mother, Margot, known locally as the bear resister, even to humans who'd made fliers of our existence and her might, barely spoke. Her hiss, though, was both loving and punishing, the latter when I broke the rules. My siblings, Thora and Burt, never took to me, and I was awash with scars and scratches and internal doubts formed by their nighttime whisper of me not being one of them, of holding my breath for a measly 90 seconds, of just about paddling at a river snail's pace and having to be fed each night by Margot as she gently tore at the trout liver which was soft enough for me to crush and swallow with my developing gums. I suppose they were like regular siblings in many ways, teasing and taunting, with me very much the black otter of the family. I was 11 - zarg - when I left, was found, if you will, and was adopted by a couple from Aberdeen who had me speak in an ancient Scottish language that wasn't entirely different to the otter tongue I spoke in. I go back, sometimes, and see what would be Dennis and Margot's great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren. I roll and splash naked in the reeds, yapping and snarling in reply to the chants of f*ck off and alien that I sort of work out being given to me, just as Thora and Burt used to, the cheeky c*nts.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was born in an otter sanctuary in the 1970s, or flahem deprst as my father, Dennis, an otter, called them when reminiscing through his somewhat blunted fangs during the 1980s - gklath depru. Mother, Margot, known locally as the bear resister, even to humans who'd made fliers of our existence and her might, barely spoke. Her hiss, though, was both loving and punishing, the latter when I broke the rules. My siblings, Thora and Burt, never took to me, and I was awash with scars and scratches and internal doubts formed by their nighttime whisper of me not being one of them, of holding my breath for a measly 90 seconds, of just about paddling at a river snail's pace and having to be fed each night by Margot as she gently tore at the trout liver which was soft enough for me to crush and swallow with my developing gums. I suppose they were like regular siblings in many ways, teasing and taunting, with me very much the black otter of the family. I was 11 - zarg - when I left, was found, if you will, and was adopted by a couple from Aberdeen who had me speak in an ancient Scottish language that wasn't entirely different to the otter tongue I spoke in. I go back, sometimes, and see what would be Dennis and Margot's great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren. I roll and splash naked in the reeds, yapping and snarling in reply to the chants of f*ck off and alien that I sort of work out being given to me, just as Thora and Burt used to, the cheeky c*nts.

:ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was born on the day of a 3-0 win away to Walsall.

The very same day Nicholas Van Wotshisface celebrated his 25th birthday and CMS was only 14 years away from being born.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Spot on. Closed in 1971. Just read it was built for single mothers, originally! Many years later (1979) I rented a flat just on the other side of the Guildford road intersection. Took 2 months for the GPO to connect the phone . . . . happy days? I'd rather have my cellphone, and the AMEX of course :thumbsup:

Its a mobile phone ! not a cell phone, bloody yank language invading us over here.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was born 89 miles away from The Goldstone on the day we lost 2-4 at home to Reading in the old third division and finished the season in 22nd place 4 points behind Bradford Park Avenue. (I'm old).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is this you by any chance, [MENTION=282]Meade's Ball[/MENTION] :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tarka

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I was born 217 miles away two days before a 0-0 draw with Sheffield United in league 1

D

Deleted User X18H

I was born 2 miles away between wins against Shrewsbury Town and Walsall. I'd wager it was the same year as you.
Hi chap. Buck Road?

I worked in High Brooms for a while

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its a mobile phone ! not a cell phone, bloody yank language invading us over here.

Apologies. I have reasons for that foible. Anyway, its one fewer syllable, and as you may have noticed, I worship brevity :whistle::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
About three miles from the Goldstone. In the workhouse (the maternity ward had been closed for some epidemic outbreak (diphtheria?) - several babies and nurses died, so the workhouse was apparently temporarily re-opened as an emergency maternity ward; my mother accidentally let that slip one day - thereafter I always loved embarrassing her by declaring loudly and clearly that I was born in the workhouse!)
Four days before, we'd lost at home 2-1 against Millwall. Three days later we were hammered 3-0 at the Vetch Field. I had to wait a whole month for the first win (1-0 at home to Southend).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here