Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signed shirt for charity auction

Keith Jenkins

May 25, 2016
I'm not trying to hijack the other auction threads, but hopefully this is a little different.

A few months ago my grand daughter, Ebonie, was diagnosed with leukaemia. This was obviously devastating news, but after the initial shock, we've been hugely encouraged by the progress Ebonie has made. Her father and I decided that we'd have our heads shaved for charity, and so at the end of May we had a day of haircuts and raffles, and raised £2500. The money is going to the Starlight Foundation, who help children like Ebonie to get through the pain and anguish.

To that end, we're now doing an online auction to raise even more money, and one of the prizes we've been donated is a Brighton shirt from Solly March, signed by 18 players. This will be framed and will, hopefully, look really good on the right wall (and maybe even the left one!).

The auction is running at www.freebirdpublishing.co.uk and will run until July 15th, which gives you plenty of time to make a decision, and hopefully help raise a wad of cash for the charity. :clap:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can anyone please make sense of this
Bidding Terms and Conditions
Alas juggled quetzal so underneath saddled and in so arch therefore one listlessly gosh healthily and therefore caterpillar goodness scandalously much practicably insolently like noticeable irresolute bald sharply newt however far before jeepers sheared.
Since fish far quietly gecko huge bounced furtively howled strewed withdrew foul opaque well darn mysteriously one until intuitively articulately until lucrative much darn wolf instead respectfully less formidable goodness more guinea camel some wow rankly that stole nightingale wow but because.
Lion that spent newt mumbled walked consolingly oh frowned much less irrationally outdid goodness jeepers pinched much essential before and that cozy hatchet one much wonderfully far haltered off and and since while outran tranquil unwitting irksomely faulty involuntary activated smoked inventoried re-laid and due less.
Save clung kookaburra pounded red-handed and crud inside some and compulsively less macaw one the darn when genially desperate groundhog anteater goodheartedly the and erroneously held underneath impotently for weird the cockatoo and caustic misunderstood this as yikes goodness horse opened.
Where gosh this pungent dealt perverse off walking a much crud since bought this this one honey however more one domestically and the grotesquely more and jeez much as and far weasel splashed cast hence informal plankton and while flamingo husky darn yikes and hence that

I'm out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Alas juggled quetzal so underneath saddled and in so arch therefore one listlessly gosh healthily and therefore caterpillar goodness scandalously much practicably insolently like noticeable irresolute bald sharply newt however far before jeepers sheared.
Since fish far quietly gecko huge bounced furtively howled strewed withdrew foul opaque well darn mysteriously one until intuitively articulately until lucrative much darn wolf instead respectfully less formidable goodness more guinea camel some wow rankly that stole nightingale wow but because.
Lion that spent newt mumbled walked consolingly oh frowned much less irrationally outdid goodness jeepers pinched much essential before and that cozy hatchet one much wonderfully far haltered off and and since while outran tranquil unwitting irksomely faulty involuntary activated smoked inventoried re-laid and due less.
Save clung kookaburra pounded red-handed and crud inside some and compulsively less macaw one the darn when genially desperate groundhog anteater goodheartedly the and erroneously held underneath impotently for weird the cockatoo and caustic misunderstood this as yikes goodness horse opened.
Where gosh this pungent dealt perverse off walking a much crud since bought this this one honey however more one domestically and the grotesquely more and jeez much as and far weasel splashed cast hence informal plankton and while flamingo husky darn yikes and hence that

I'm out.

Who let [MENTION=282]Meade's Ball[/MENTION] write the Terms and Conditions? ???

Keith Jenkins

May 25, 2016

I'm out.

Right, sorry about that, chaps. That's what happens when you get a Gooner to set up the auction site! I'll get him to put something a bit more sensible up, then I'll let you know when we're really up and running. Probably be tomorrow, but thanks for looking at the site and pointing out the deliberate mistake:wrong:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I'm out.

Well that looks dubious

At the risk of looking like a total Mike Dean - are we sure that this is legit?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Isn't there rather a glut of signed shirts for auction and raffle for good causes at the moment ? It will drive down the value the more there are about

I would buy an 'Ernest' signed ALBION WINTER COAT (hardly worn) from you Mr Crabtree???
Its marvellous what that that DNA stuff can prove :moo:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Well that looks dubious

At the risk of looking like a total The Complete And Utter Shyster - are we sure that this is legit?
My thoughts. Initially taken to a site selling books or something. Then I looked up the T&C's and thought twice about it.
Perhaps Kieth Jenkins could reply and put our minds at rest that this is a genuine site with with a 100% genuine shirt.

Harry Potter books are worth £10,000's if genuine.

Last edited:

Keith Jenkins

May 25, 2016
My thoughts. Initially taken to a site selling books or something. Then I looked up the T&C's and thought twice about it.
Perhaps Kieth Jenkins could reply and put our minds at rest that this is a genuine site with with a 100% genuine shirt.

Harry Potter books are worth £10,000's if genuine.

Times, the book site is my company website, Freebird Publishing, which I've been running for 8 years. We've run three other charity auctions on there in the past, which is why we have an auction page on there - it makes it easier to control and we don't have to pay charges to the likes of ebay.
I'm a techno-dinosaur when it comes to this, which is why I use another company to sort out all the web stuff and, as is the way of these things, it took for it to go 'live' to see the creases that needed ironing out, which has hopefully all been done now. If you check out the Freebird Publishing Facebook page you'll also see the recent history of Ebonie's treatment, and photos of the head shaving event.
The auction is due to officially start tomorrow, and run for a month. Everything is kosher, and is easily checked out (can probably get hold of Solly Marsh to verify the shirt is pukka). As for the Harry Potter books, I don't think they'll be worth that sort of money because they are paperbacks, and not signed by JK herself, but I would have thought between £100 - £500. Ultimately, we'll take whatever we can for Ebonie and the Starlight Foundation - so far our Just Giving page has raised £3800 which has gone direct to Starlight, and Ebonie's crowdfunding page has raised £2200.
It would be great to get some bids from proper Brighton fans, but living in Crawley I know a few lads who will bid on it as well. Anyway, it's entirely up to you guys. If anyone wants to have a good look at the photo of the shirt you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send a photo over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here