Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you booked your summer holiday yet?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Its my 50th year, so I have arranged a 3 week road trip to South West USA. Starting in Manitou Springs (Colorado), then onto Durango Colorado (South Rockies), then onto Monument valley, then Las Vegas (gamble, hoover dam, Grand canyon, Death Valley etc), then onto Santa Monica, then onto Sedona (Arizona) for another part of Grand Canyon, then finally Tombstone and Tucson (Doc Holiday land).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Have decided on 2 months trekking in the Nepalese Himalayas in November and December. So this Summer will get in a couple of England's long distance walks as training. Hadrians Wall, half the Penine Way and the Cotswold Way are the candidates.
Also plan a week or so in our camper in mid Wales.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Its my 50th year, so I have arranged a 3 week road trip to South West USA. Starting in Manitou Springs (Colorado), then onto Durango Colorado (South Rockies), then onto Monument valley, then Las Vegas (gamble, hoover dam, Grand canyon, Death Valley etc), then onto Santa Monica, then onto Sedona (Arizona) for another part of Grand Canyon, then finally Tombstone and Tucson (Doc Holiday land).

Sounds like a great trip, similar to my last holiday.
The U.S keeps drawing me back, so much to see over there!

Other sights I realllllllyyyyyy want to see around that area:

Zion NP (UT)
Arches NP (UT)
Big Bend NP (TX)
White Sands National Monument (NM)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
St Lucia in June with the Mrs, hoping to do something else with the kids/kids girlfriend etc in September before they go to Uni, probably all inclusive

Make sure your rooms have air con...it's damn hot and humid that time of the year

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sounds like a great trip, similar to my last holiday.
The U.S keeps drawing me back, so much to see over there!

Other sights I realllllllyyyyyy want to see around that area:

Zion NP (UT)
Arches NP (UT)
Big Bend NP (TX)
White Sands National Monument (NM)

I went to see them 2 years ago. They had the Government Shutdown and all National Parks were closed. Still had a great trip in State Parks and stuff but need to go back for those you quoted. 2017 I reckon.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have not had a holiday in three years. My last 'break' was a long weekend in Bournemouth.

This year will be different.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I went to see them 2 years ago. They had the Government Shutdown and all National Parks were closed. Still had a great trip in State Parks and stuff but need to go back for those you quoted. 2017 I reckon.

There's just so much to see over there, and what I've quoted is still just a tiny part of the US!
Was considering a Mexico break this year but thinking a Mid-West adventure might be more exciting.
Going to check with Tornado-Season starts, that'd be fun!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not going anywhere this summer but booking South Africa for 3 weeks in December (their summer). Bit of a wait but hopefully be worth it.

But you'll miss some of our premier league matches..................................

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I gave the option to my 2 teenage sons of either a beach holiday in Valencia or Croatia or go for a mini-adventure and they chose the latter.

So I'm planning on us flying to Prague and exploring around there for a few days then a train to Krakow in Poland for a bit, taking in Auschwitz and then another train up to Warsaw and explore Northern Poland.

There's something about long train journeys in foreign countries that I just love. My favourite way to travel.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm off here for the 3rd year running....Very peaceful :)

Whilst your up there, I've seen on the telly that there's some old guy up there spying on kids in Whitehawk or something. If you see him, have a word?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I gave the option to my 2 teenage sons of either a beach holiday in Valencia or Croatia or go for a mini-adventure and they chose the latter.

So I'm planning on us flying to Prague and exploring around there for a few days then a train to Krakow in Poland for a bit, taking in Auschwitz and then another train up to Warsaw and explore Northern Poland.

There's something about long train journeys in foreign countries that I just love. My favourite way to travel.

Was only talking about this recently, some long classic european train journeys. Think mine are a little too young to really enjoy it yet, but that sounds like a great trip.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I'm with you there with train travel Buzzer. I've travelled up and down Italy on trains and I always feel so relaxed. Unlike Saturday when I fly to Prague for a few days and will take enough Valium to stop a bull elephant in its tracks. I hate flying .
If I had more time on city breaks It would be trains all the way.
Ps........ Remind the boys that there are no decent rides at Aushwitz.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Going to mykonos and Ibiza

Cannes for a long weekend

also a 3 week trip around the states .... NYC, Boston, new orleans, San fran drive to LA then Vegas.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A long weekend in Rome either side of the Italian Open semi-finals and final.
5 days in Vermont snowmobiling.
Long weekend in Iceland.
10 days in the Seychelles.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Going to zante (kalamaki) in August.

Actually booked last may when the brochures came out as wanted an apartment with two rooms (one for kids and one for adults) and free child places.

Just have to try and smile nicely at all the lovely northerners we will doubtless meet

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Have decided on 2 months trekking in the Nepalese Himalayas in November and December. So this Summer will get in a couple of England's long distance walks as training. Hadrians Wall, half the Penine Way and the Cotswold Way are the candidates.
Also plan a week or so in our camper in mid Wales.

The West Highland Way is a lovely walk Knocky. Stretches from Milngavie to Fort William, and takes in some stunning scenery. You could always finish it off with a stomp up Ben Nevis. Done the walk 3 times camping on route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here