Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal-there for the taking!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sure someone started a thread about wba just before we played them saying they are there for the taking. How did that end?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just wanna beat them and also watch piers morgan go into one on Monday morning on GMTV
It'll take a damn sight more than just beating Arsenal in March to make me want to do that.

Last edited:

I agree with this, I think we've got a great chance on Sunday. With the way Arsenal are at moment it's our best chance to grab 3 points off one of the top 6 as it were (I still don't like splitting the league into 2, I think it's disrespectful to teams such as ourselves) I'm away skiing so hoping to catch it on TV. Murray will cause them all sorts of problems. Their defence is woeful and I'd love to be able to rub it in the noses of the arrogant plastics at work.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*With all due respect* ( ie none )... they should be beating teams like Brighton.... ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is funny though. We are now a best priced 6/1 for relegation thanks to 8 points from our last 4 games against relegation rivals - and I think that price is about right, yet we've taken no points at all off the top 7.
You mean top 6.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have ZERO chance of picking up any points on Sunday. Literally zero.

There's ALWAYS a chance. Not saying it's gonna happen – and it might be a 0.00000000000001% chance – but there IS still a chance.
Rubbish! There is ZERO possibility that we will have ZERO chance.
Nope, Matt is correct. I've done the math, and statistically speaking there is precisely zero chance that we will win.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'd take a point now. Thanks.

Absolutely. I'd rather take 3 points on Sunday, though. Just saying, like.

Given all the confidence on here, I suspect we're due a fall. Plus, if Arse get tonked again by City on Thurs, they might just want to turn up on Sunday and play properly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
People said the same against Chelsea.

The top 6 will never be there for the taking for us, are they out of form especially away from home, yes, but do I really think we can win... not really.

A point would be incredible for me, can I see us being 4 down after 30 mins... if Arsenal turn up yes

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Rearrange these words to make well known phrase: Bullies, Track, Are, Flat, Arsenal.

If they turn we'd have to be absolutely AT IT to get even a point. Still quite fancy us to do that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Arsenal are so inconsistent - it depends which one turns up. On the face of it, it would seem a good time to play them but I wouldn't be surprised if they outclassed us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd probably take a performance like the one against Chelsea, just not the result.

I'd take the performance and the result if needs be.
After rolling over for Pards the team had a good go at Chelsea, and (a la Swansea) lost big late on.

But since then they're undefeated showing considerably more attacking intent than in the entire season to that point, Southampton being the exception that proves the rule.

Getting hammered late by Arsenal, not getting the referee decisions, scaring them along the way, is fine by me assuming that keeps the momentum up for Everton, Leicester and Huddersfield.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can't pick a better time to play um

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Far far far to many people over confident about this.
If they Actually turn up interested and on their game they will win. There are 3/4 world class players in their attack. Their defence can be got at for sure but our best chance will be attacking at speed on the break and exploiting gaps. They don’t have a quality defensive minded CM and Gross will hopefully find space and pick out some good runs from the wide players.
We can win but I’d be delighted with a point but we will be far from expected to get anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here