Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

Jan 30, 2008
Everyone is entitled to give their opinion. I, for one, would never want to silence someone who I disagree with. We shouldn't censor people with objectional or incorrect or just different viewpoints.

But... if you do give your opinion and it's an offensive, unpopular or a factually incorrect opinion then everyone else is entitled to call you out on it.

Unpopular shouldn't come into it as for the others I agree

regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm entitled to express my views as much as you are. I don't feel that what I believe is homophobic, I'm simply saying that I don't feel comfortable with same sex couples adopting. I'm sure that the couple in question are extremely nice and decent people, I've never questioned that. My religious beliefs tell me that Children are a gift from God to Hetrosexual couples.

Your religious beliefs are just that. Beliefs without a lot of substance..

Jan 30, 2008
I was making a joke about the fact that you made a tit of yourself by not reading the post that you quoted. If you think that's me getting aggressive then you're even thicker than I thought.

I'll let the family insult slide for now as I'm not descending to your gutter level.

****ing prick.

Just proving a point:lolol:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is this the same progressive society that has seen recruitment adverts on the civil service and fire service websites in the last few years state that hetrosexual white males need not apply.

Im not saying that tom daley and his partner wont make loving parents but it seems that having an opinion outside of the so called PC brigade these days is wrong and not valid

Feel free to point us all to the evidence of this utterly ridiculous claim - http://www.fireservice.co.uk/recruitment/

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Really? So the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then???

I think you understand what I mean, I mean the posts by those on here saying that gay people shouldn’t adopt because ‘a child needs a mother and a father’. But I have edited my post.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
But it is, to many people. You may not like that fact, but it is. They would say gay people have exactly as much right to raise children as you do, therefore any comparison (black, disabled, jewish) is basically the same.

Depends who you mix with I suppose. I do not know one person that would consider if someone had opinion that gays should not have children that it would be equivalent of saying blacks should not have children.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It will be interesting in a number of years to see the stats about how many children from same sex couples go on to be lesbians or homosexuals themselves.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Really? So the need for a mother & father doesn't arise from nature then???

Are you of the opinion that only those couples who can conceive, and give birth ‘naturally’, should be parents?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Godless people are blind men, blindfolded in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.

Believers too, are blind men, blindfolded in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.

The only difference is believers found the cat.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm entitled to express my views as much as you are. I don't feel that what I believe is homophobic, I'm simply saying that I don't feel comfortable with same sex couples adopting. I'm sure that the couple in question are extremely nice and decent people, I've never questioned that. My religious beliefs tell me that Children are a gift from God to Hetrosexual couples.

With the greatest respect to your personal religious beliefs, but where does it tell you that? Where is this edict that you are attributing to your God?

Only I don't actually recall it appearing in the Old Testament. Or the New Testament. Been a while since I read either. Or the Qu'ran (though I admit to being unable to read it in Arabic, just a translation, so maybe I missed this one). It's not in the Hadith. Maybe the Torah, I haven't read that. I'm sure there are plenty of others I haven't named, Book of Mormon, Dianetics maybe?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Your religious beliefs are just that. Beliefs without a lot of substance..

How do you know? Give me ultimate proof of lack of substance. Can you prove that God does not exist? Can you Prove that it was not God that cured me of my Homosexuality? Why do I not find me sexually attractive anymore?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you understand what I mean, I mean the posts by those on here saying that gay people shouldn’t adopt because ‘a child needs a mother and a father’. But I have edited my post.

No I didn't understand what you meant. It was a just a stupid comment that only undermines your own passionate subjective view.

If no one agrees with you they are accused of being a sexist, racist, homophobic bigot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends who you mix with I suppose. I do not know one person that would consider if someone had opinion that gays should not have children that it would be equivalent of saying blacks should not have children.

See this thread, and the various "thumbs" for various viewpoints.

Why should gay people be discriminated against in a way you would not discriminate against black/jewish/disabled people?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How do you know? Give me ultimate proof of lack of substance. Can you prove that God does not exist? Can you Prove that it was not God that cured me of my Homosexuality? Why do I not find me sexually attractive anymore?

Same reason nobody else does. You're a ****.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Can you prove that God decided on laying down these laws on a piddling little planet on the edge of a not too large a galaxy in universal terms? Whats Gods position on this with beings in other galaxies?
God said **** all. Man said in order to excercise control. Nothing more, nothing less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here