jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
If we can follow that up with 2 home wins, that will be an excellent point

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very solid performance. I never felt under pressure, we are clearly a very difficult team to break down even with an in form £9 million striker.

Excellent result.

Valid point that...if you're well organised at the back, even a £9m striker struggles, so whilst we might get one at some point doesn't mean we'll suddenly start banging loads in either.

Sky chaps were pretty complimentary about us in terms of controlling the game etc. Stats look ok as well. A win or two would have been nice at this stage but still unbeaten at this stage and in the top 2, after last season, with a load of current injuries ? Will take that all day long. A couple of signings and a couple of key players back and it's difficult to see us losing too many games, especially with CH's tactical awareness.

Would like to see Elvis given more of a chance - after today's performances by Solly and Murphy maybe he'll get a shout. Thought Kayal, Greer, Rosenior and Bruno were excellent today.

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
I had a DREAM last night, we got AUTOMATIC promotion and Hughton was SACKED and RUDE 'SHEXY Football' Gullit took over
And the following season we finish rock bottom of the Prem and Aston Villa walk the Championship with, yes you guessed it, ----- ------- as manager.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Before the match I was worried that Burnley would be the team to "show us our place" as they should have a bit of pedigree about them. But during the game never felt that they were the better side.

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
Before the match I was worried that Burnley would be the team to "show us our place" as they should have a bit of pedigree about them. But during the game never felt that they were the better side.

I was looking forward to hearing Stewart Hall's match report. Is is on holiday or something?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh it was never a penalty!
To be fair, it only seems Brighton supporters who cling to this view. Certainly the radio 5 commentators were pretty adamant it was a pen.

if every challenge like that was given, there would be at least 6 pens a match !
Perhaps it's about time that was done, consistently, by all referees, to stamp it out. About 5 or 6 weeks should be enough, I would think.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes I felt similar, we can take a lot of confidence from this game. Boro, QPR, Brum, Derby bring em on....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To be fair, it only seems Brighton supporters who cling to this view. Certainly the radio 5 commentators were pretty adamant it was a pen.

Perhaps it's about time that was done, consistently, by all referees, to stamp it out. About 5 or 6 weeks should be enough, I would think.

Agree completely but getting refs to be consistent is a big ask.

In all the games I see on TV there is a challenge like Dunks at every corner and free kick into the box.
Almost like sumo wrestling.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If Dunk pulled the shirt down, instead of pulling it up revealing the guy's back, the ref wouldn't have given a thing. As [MENTION=13309]maltaseagull[/MENTION] said, you see shirt pulling and arm grabbing at EVERY set piece, and nothing is ever given.

But hey ho, what can you do.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If Dunk pulled the shirt down, instead of pulling it up revealing the guy's back, the ref wouldn't have given a thing. As [MENTION=13309]maltaseagull[/MENTION] said, you see shirt pulling and arm grabbing at EVERY set piece, and nothing is ever given.

But hey ho, what can you do.

Not sure you can completely control which way the shirts going to go when you grab it. Much is about your opponents manoeuvre.
All in all best not to tug it at all .....especially when not in a dangerous position. Unprofessional by Dunk in my opinion. But will happily settle for a draw oop there!

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
Not sure you can completely control which way the shirts going to go when you grab it. Much is about your opponents manoeuvre.
All in all best not to tug it at all .....especially when not in a dangerous position. Unprofessional by Dunk in my opinion. But will happily settle for a draw oop there!

Didn't see it but it seems he was mugged by a cynical pro's trick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just remembered:-

It was good to hear the handball 'chant' back again.

I can place it as the highlight of last season, I can remember it ending on a very funny note, but I can put any detail to it.

Can anyone help me out?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here