Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ITV Meridian

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Having had Sky installed last month i was surprised that living in Swindon the ITV regional news is set to Meridian....we don't normally watch regional news but when its on I have been pleasantly shocked that in Swindon I see BHA news.....( previously on Virgin it was set to Birmingham)

Question is though why don't they ever mention Southampton or Portsmouth?? The region is called Thames Valley but Brighton is not in the Thames Valley..

BTW how old is Fred Dinage? I can remember him when I was a kid many moons ago..
That's weird as I have sky and get the local West country bumpkin news :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The question has to be why would a Southampton based TV station call themselves 'Meridian' given that the Greenwich 'meridian' which passes through Herstmonceux (rather nearer to Eastbourne from a latitude (or is it longitude) point of view ( is some way away from Southampton. Do they actually broadcast from somewhere nearer than I imagine ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I don't watch the weather with Holly Green, I just watch Holly Green !

Me too. I don't mean to. When the weather finishes, I've no idea what it's going to do, but I can remember what Holly was wearing!

Attachments

• Holly 2.JPG
    Holly 2.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 141

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Say what you will the countryside is still....

https://youtu.be/VqV9IQ9vJ0c

your era Phil

Our school lyrics

‘Say what you will,
School dinners make you ill,
Orrible steak and kidney pie,

Peas all slimy,
Spuds gawd blimey,
Get em out.....of town.

(Always followed by a slap round the back of the head by a dinner lady)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The question has to be why would a Southampton based TV station call themselves 'Meridian' given that the Greenwich 'meridian' which passes through Herstmonceux (rather nearer to Eastbourne from a latitude (or is it longitude) point of view ( is some way away from Southampton. Do they actually broadcast from somewhere nearer than I imagine ?

The Greenwich meridian passes through Peacehaven in fact. Nowhere near Eastbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here