Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 wages

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
More than mentioned.

The Hammond batch of young players were awarded contracts paying them up to £100k a year based on appearances, in 2002 when we were low budget at Withdean.

At the Old Bailey trial in January 2013, it was stated that George Barker (at the time of the incident, which was July 2011) was earning about £350 per week; that was at the start of the second year of his first professional contract.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thank you for the fantastic info, again!!

One question, does Brighton's £19,399 include the effect of the £5.5m club promotion bonuses built paid out at the end of 2016/17 financial year?

Thanks in advance.

I've just checked and have removed the bonuses from the Albion figures, so it should be the regular wages. The bonuses are included in the 2017 'non-recurring costs' row in the dataset.

Brighton DataSet.JPG

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Take it thats a joke.....

Point is, in a (media) world where no ****er really gets what is going on at the Albion, the only players to have any profile are Murray and Dunk/Duffy (who come as a pair). Lewis Dunk also happens to be an English (international) centre back who at 26 is a battle-hardened 200+ appearances - almost 50 in the PL - defender much coveted by other clubs. If anyone thinks he’d still be here on £45k a week then, to quote gobshite Durham on Talksport, their head’s gone. He’ll be on closer to a £100k a week than 50.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Could someone please explain to me in words of one syllable what on earth business is it of ours?

The cash comes from us. from gate take or from Sky.

(each word above contains one syllable)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
..... and still many host families.

The club have a very large network of host families across Sussex, who lookmafterthese lucky lads.
I really don't think that they're on fantastic wages, just the basic wage (whatever that is), whilst earning their trade at the Albion.
TBH I don't think the agents have much power at this stage of the players careers!

theboybilly

I thought the rumours were that Dunk went to £45k when we got promoted. He then got another contract a few weeks ago, so suspect he is on the £50-55k range. All guess work though.

Edit. I also know of an under 23 at another premier league club on £3k per week, 19 years old and nowhere near the first team, if that helps.

According to the press there is a 19 year-old at Man City, again nowhere near the first team, owning a multi-bedroom £2.5m house in leafy Cheshire. You wouldn't get a mortgage for that on a modest footballer's wage.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Point is, in a (media) world where no ****er really gets what is going on at the Albion, the only players to have any profile are Murray and Dunk/Duffy (who come as a pair). Lewis Dunk also happens to be an English (international) centre back who at 26 is a battle-hardened 200+ appearances - almost 50 in the PL - defender much coveted by other clubs. If anyone thinks he’d still be here on £45k a week then, to quote gobshite Durham on Talksport, their head’s gone. He’ll be on closer to a £100k a week than 50.

Absolutely no chance

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, it’s completely wrong. Dunk & Duffy on £45k pw!!!! Double that for LD.

I wouldn't be surprised.

No coincidence that his new contract was announced just before his England call up was made public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here