Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz and Ince

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Still think that despite KLL being given a number he could be off - we have until 1st September

My random guess, he will go on loan to Pompey.

Stumpy Tim

He was a revelation under Oscar. Played that holding midfielder role really well and, had we persisted with playing in that style, it's possible he would have continued to be a mainstay in the team. Unfortunately for him Chris doesn't play with a single holding midfielder sitting in front of the back four and, for whatever reason, Ince hasn't been able to adapt. Shame because at one point I thought he was the bees knees.

Thing is, he didn't play the holding midfield role at all... common myth. He was given license to smash his way around midfield disrupting everything - and he was bloody good at it. However, his ball-playing skills let him down unfortunately, and that's going to restrict him from playing top level football.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If Kaz is fit and happy to be here as an impact sub I'd keep him. He's great to bring on against a tiring defence and always capable of making something happen.

I can't see a future for Ince however.

theboybilly

Very much disagree. Ince was strong, powerful and liked a tackle. Add to that his occasional bursts of pace into the opposition's half made him very enjoyable to watch. His success that year doesn't come at the cost of Andrews' own. He had a good year. To say he didn't is just wrong IMO.

Oh and the team was nowhere near as bad under Oscar as it was under Sammi.

The team under Oscar was very average. It is no exaggeration to suggest we fluked 6th place. Better sides were falling over themselves to give a play-off place away. With the loss of Ulloa, Oscar would have struggled the same as Sammi. Neither was exactly a brilliant manager (notwithstanding Burke's interference) Oscar just seemed a nicer bloke and looked more interested on the touchline.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Doesn't matter where he plays if all he is good for its free kicks and corners does it?

Although I am unsure if Skalak can cut it in the premier league, its unfair to bracket him with Kaz and Rohan Ince, unlike them, he hasnt had an extended run in the side and has had to play a role within a system that may be limiting his attacking qualities.

He is an exceptionally clean striker of the ball and, as pointed out previously, is never injured.

I get the impression he would love to drift in from his wide position and get more involved.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Thing is, he didn't play the holding midfield role at all... common myth. He was given license to smash his way around midfield disrupting everything - and he was bloody good at it. However, his ball-playing skills let him down unfortunately, and that's going to restrict him from playing top level football.

Holding midfielder, defensive midfielder, bulldozer whatever you want to call it, point is he did his job well. I am not disputing that he isn't skilled enough with the ball to make it at the highest level. It would be interesting to see how he developed if he had been more adaptable to the way CH wants to play (opting for a more traditional two man centre midfield partnering) but, sadly, he doesn't seem to have been able to do that. Best for all parties if he leaves the club.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The team under Oscar was very average. It is no exaggeration to suggest we fluked 6th place. Better sides were falling over themselves to give a play-off place away. With the loss of Ulloa, Oscar would have struggled the same as Sammi. Neither was exactly a brilliant manager (notwithstanding Burke's interference) Oscar just seemed a nicer bloke and looked more interested on the touchline.

More or less the same squad that saw us finish 4th under Poyet, albeit a year older. The only major losses were Bridcutt and Barnes in January if memory serves correctly. A generic starting XI could have consisted of:

Kuszczak
Bruno
Upson
Greer
Ward
Ince
Andrews
Crofts
Orlandi
Buckley
Ulloa

Not as good as the squad we had in the last championship season sure, but not exactly the shit show it would become under Hyppia with a lesser squad and kamikaze defending.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why Pompey? just because thay are local? Walton could have gone there, but opted for Wigan instead.

It makes sense as would not mean moving home and he can stay living where he does like I presume he did when on loan at Swindon. He got nicked in Maidenhead so would think that he lives around that area from his days at Chelsea.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

He could do a man-marking job.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Are Lua Lua and Ince both out of contract next summer ?

If so, rather than a season long loan aren't we better just moving them on for a nominal fee ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'd go along with that assessment of him too. I loved him during that Oscar season, but it's all been downhill since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here