Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 22,000 season tickets sold already for 2016/17

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
weirdly she has just messaged me pretty much exactly that.

Apparently as long as we can afford the mortgage then 'it would be a lovely idea'
I can't help thinking Mrs PRS has just driven into a Ferrari.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really toying with the idea of Season Tickets for me and my son.

It would cost a small fortune travelling down from reading every other week and there will be the whole midweek moves that would scupper things BUT I get a bonus on Friday which ends up about £1,000 after tax and I could put that toward our season tickets and then into savings for petrol!

Very, VERY tempting. yet I believe the wife has plans for said bonus
Just do it. Life is too short.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
22,000 in our 6th season now at the Amex, didn't people say novelty of new stadium & new fans would have worn off after a couple of seasons, still no prem football but the fan base grows stronger & stronger :albion2:

Err no, it was only jealous Palace fans that said the novelty would wear off, we all knew what a massive club we already were.

Mar 2, 2009

It would cost a small fortune travelling down from reading every other week and there will be the whole midweek moves that would scupper things BUT I get a bonus on Friday which ends up about £1,000 after tax and I could put that toward our season tickets and then into savings for petrol!

As another Reading exile I can confirm that if you catch it right the journey can be quite sensible - if 11/2 hours plus floats your boat! Some Saturdays I have to wait for my youngest sons U15 morning football to end before I hit the M4/M25/M23/A23/A27 and that can be a bit of a dash to get to P&R before its full. Luckily I have an expensed company car that is not always full for the journey so more than happy to give a 'freebie' lift to a fellow fan.
I have had a season ticket since day one at Withdean and wouldn't change a thing...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wonder where that puts us in the national standings of MASSIVE clubs...?

Miles behind West Ham as they have sold out STs for their 1st year at the Taxpayers ground

I would also expect both West Ham and Norwich STs to hold up.

Leeds will be interesting with their rebate if they don't make the play-offs, and if Sheff Wed reach the PL then they will probably have 83bn just on the waiting list

Not sure Wigan and Burton will though...

Nor Barnsley if they beat Millwall in the PO final

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Didn't PB say in one of the last programmes that they were already 'well in excess of 22k' ?

We'll probably break our record this coming season.

He did but perhaps that might have been a mistake in the programme as they are now saying
"Demand for 2016/17 Brighton & Hove Albion season tickets has been high, with nearly 22,000 supporters already having committed to the new season."
via: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ickets-on-general-sale-wednesday-3122333.aspx
Yep the record/peak was c22,500 for 13/14. They then went into decline in for 14/15 and again for last season settling at about 19K.

I guess they think they will shift another few hundred or so at least when they go on general sale

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep the record/peak was c22,500 for 13/14. They then went into decline in for 14/15 and again for last season settling at about 19K.

According to the Football League's numbers:

2012/13 - 22,467
2013/14 - 23,175
2014/15 - 21,245

The updated report, covering the previous season, tends to be published around the start of each season.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Do it!

I reckon it will do two things. Firstly, it will cement his love for the Albion, going down every two weeks to watch a team storm to promotion(or worst case scenario finish in the play offs). Secondly it will create amazing memories for the both of you for life. When he's an adult he'll look back on those halcyon days when he used to drive down with his dad to watch the Albion play. It's how so many of us got into the game and the Albion.

Do it!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Would love a season ticket but the 400 miles round trip to each home game is just too expensive. Works out at least £70 in fuel plus parking, food and then the actual direct debit cost. I've tried making he maths add up but just can't unfortunately!
I did 9 games this season including 2 home games. Going to try for over 10 this season with at least 3 home games. Living in between Notts and Derby is ideal, I have 3 away games on my bus card routes this season [emoji23]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thanks Guys - especially the other Readingites and offers of spare seats potentially!

Going to wait until Friday pay day and then make a decision after going through the finances but I am thinking it is looking good. I was never lucky enough to go down to games with my old man so didn't get to a game until I was 13/14 and traveled down with a friend from London so I am loving the fact that Mini Sock is loving Brighton after only 4 matches and at 6 years old.

We only moved into our house 4 weeks ago and haven't had a mortgage payment yet so the wife is understandably a little apprehensive re: mortgage (and the Ferrari she has probably hit). I will also have to factor in her being able to go shopping with her friends every other Saturday!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Villa, Newcastle and Norwich should provide a positive impact on the average away crowds we see.

Not sure Wigan and Burton will though...
Wigan's away following in the PL and the Championship was really poor, although last season their away following was brilliant. Pretty much sold out everywhere they went so their following should still be good this coming season.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Thanks Guys - especially the other Readingites and offers of spare seats potentially!

Going to wait until Friday pay day and then make a decision after going through the finances but I am thinking it is looking good. I was never lucky enough to go down to games with my old man so didn't get to a game until I was 13/14 and traveled down with a friend from London so I am loving the fact that Mini Sock is loving Brighton after only 4 matches and at 6 years old.

We only moved into our house 4 weeks ago and haven't had a mortgage payment yet so the wife is understandably a little apprehensive re: mortgage (and the Ferrari she has probably hit). I will also have to factor in her being able to go shopping with her friends every other Saturday!

Don't want to sound nosey, but how did you get into the Albion if you don't come from Brighton and your dad didn't take you?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Don't want to sound nosey, but how did you get into the Albion if you don't come from Brighton and your dad didn't take you?

haha, Not nosey at all.

My Dad is from down South so he followed Brighton all his life but hadn't been since the '83 cup final. I grew up in a house of my mum and two sisters (Dad back one weekend every month from working abroad but had pretty much fallen out of love with the game) and watched football at a neighbours house as he was the only one with Sky Sports. As such I often watched Manchester United games and decided I liked them but looked out for Brighton scores such as an FA Cup drubbing of some non league team that my Dad woke me up to watch on Match of the Day when he was at home one weekend.

Then I hit 12 or so and saw kids at school supporting local teams and if not supporting teams that their parents supported. I loved how they were more passionate (even at such a young age) than the kids supporting the big clubs they had no affiliation to. As such I went home and asked my Mum for the Albion shirt. Never really looked back from there. Traveled down to Withdean with a Cardiff supporting friend a few times and then convinced my Dad to go to his first game in two decades away at Sheff Wed.

I've been all over the country now and had a season ticket at Withdean prior to the mini Sock coming along! Apologies for going on a bit, but that, in not so short, is why i am a Brighton fan!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
According to the Football League's numbers:

2012/13 - 22,467
2013/14 - 23,175
2014/15 - 21,245

The updated report, covering the previous season, tends to be published around the start of each season.

serves me right to do it from memory !
yep. all the figures for football league clubs at least for last 5 seasons are via http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/season-ticker-holders549-2598173.pdf

Albion have been in the top 2 in the Champ in terms of tickets sold for the last 3 seasons being #1 in 12/13 and 13/14. Its likely we were #2 last season (15/16) again behind Derby.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
haha, Not nosey at all.

My Dad is from down South so he followed Brighton all his life but hadn't been since the '83 cup final. I grew up in a house of my mum and two sisters (Dad back one weekend every month from working abroad but had pretty much fallen out of love with the game) and watched football at a neighbours house as he was the only one with Sky Sports. As such I often watched Manchester United games and decided I liked them but looked out for Brighton scores such as an FA Cup drubbing of some non league team that my Dad woke me up to watch on Match of the Day when he was at home one weekend.

Then I hit 12 or so and saw kids at school supporting local teams and if not supporting teams that their parents supported. I loved how they were more passionate (even at such a young age) than the kids supporting the big clubs they had no affiliation to. As such I went home and asked my Mum for the Albion shirt. Never really looked back from there. Traveled down to Withdean with a Cardiff supporting friend a few times and then convinced my Dad to go to his first game in two decades away at Sheff Wed.

I've been all over the country now and had a season ticket at Withdean prior to the mini Sock coming along! Apologies for going on a bit, but that, in not so short, is why i am a Brighton fan!

I'm not from Brighton but my dad took me to quite a few games over the years. Once it's in your blood that's it. My four kids are all brainwashed now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here