Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven Earth-size planets found

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What if we discover a planet with our makers on it, and they aren't happy to see us...?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Here's a thought, that can keep the threads separate:-

Humans set foot on a brave new world.
Which ONE aspect of life on earth shouldn't be taken to Earth II -

Money/wealth etc.
Borders.
or
Religion.

They all seem to be the route of evil, which should be binned off?

anyone with a palarse S/T

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't see the point of looking for planets we can never get to.
It's interesting. We can learn things about the universe and our own planet.
I have my doubts if anyone has ever been to the moon.
They have. I imagine that has eased your doubts.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's interesting. We can learn things about the universe and our own planet.
They have. I imagine that has eased your doubts.
Explain why no one has stepped foot on the moon in the last forty years with way more advanced technology at their disposal and I might agree with you. Neil Armstrong refuses to give interviews on the subject 'ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies' is his favourite line.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Explain why no one has stepped foot on the moon in the last forty years with way more advanced technology at their disposal and I might agree with you. Neil Armstrong refuses to give interviews on the subject 'ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies' is his favourite line.
Because its expensive and nothing new would be achieved except a few more tourists. Armstrong is no longer with us, so will not be talking any further about it.

When they decide to make a moon base there, and people stay 24/7 like the international space station, then there might be economical/ scientific reasons to go back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Here's a thought, that can keep the threads separate:-

Humans set foot on a brave new world.
Which ONE aspect of life on earth shouldn't be taken to Earth II -

Money/wealth etc.
Borders.
or
Religion.

They all seem to be the route of evil, which should be binned off?

Women over the age of 30.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Explain why no one has stepped foot on the moon in the last forty years with way more advanced technology at their disposal and I might agree with you.
If you don't already believe it with the overwhelming evidence that's available, you're not going to be convinced by any more common sense.

So why have we not gone back?:
What do we need to go there for? - Not much I imagine.
Is it dangerous to go there? - Yes, very.
Is it expensive to go there? - Yes, very.

The most obvious proof that it wasn't fake is that there was a space race between Russia and America, and getting there first was a big deal, and if it had been fake the Russians (who were watching) would have said 'WTF are you talking about, you didn't go'. The only reason the Russians haven't said that, is because they did go.

Neil Armstrong refuses to give interviews on the subject 'ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies' is his favourite line.
It's difficult for him to give interviews, what with him being dead.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just to add, we have sent probes to the far reaches of the solar system, taking photos of Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus and even recently Pluto. We have also landed rovers on mars, and scientific instruments on Venus and even titon, an interesting moon of the planet Neptune.

The moon is a 250,000 mile hop in comparison.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just to add, we have sent probes to the far reaches of the solar system, taking photos of Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus and even recently Pluto. We have also landed rovers on mars, and scientific instruments on Venus and even titon, an interesting moon of the planet Neptune.

The moon is a 250,000 mile hop in comparison.

Sending rovers and probes into space is slightly different to sending people to the moon. It's still more of a giant leap than a hop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here