Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst we may have wanted Falmer, I don't think the grammar is correct to say 'We are the Falmer, Wanters'

Grammar good, punctuation shit. :thumbsup:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Many of us, including Gus Poyet, may indeed be 'brilliant' at the act of fornication and it may also be true that the opposition's centre forward is equally 'useless' at it, nevertheless unless we are indulging in said act at the time (and I am happy to be corrected on this assumption) then using the present tense is incorrect.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When we are 2-0 down I actually do give a ****, as I find it quite distressing. It can positively ruin my day. Whilst I accept we MAY be going up, it's also pretty presumptuous to state that we are.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The referee has passed all required exams and physically tests to make sure he is indeed qualified enough to take charge of the match.

With some referees I've seen up and down the years, I'm not so sure....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It is physically impossible and dangerous for one person to have eaten all the pies, many would have been consumed before the kick off anyway, the accused weight problem could, in fact, be glandular or due to a depressive state of mind.
I suggest a bit more thought is needed with this particular chant in future please.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If we genuinely think it's nice to know that the opposition fans are here, so much so that we're happy to say it 3 times, why do we then unfailingly tell them to f*ck off in the same breath?

This sends out a rather mixed message.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
i once saw a woman wheeling her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow chanting Brighton but don't think it was Molly.
OT... I saw a "woman" pushing a shopping trolley full of crap down the middle of the main street in Gillingham before the Darlo Gabbiadini hat-trick game. It was one of the highlights of the day actually. What a shithole.

Back on topic, having travelled all the way from Sheffield with my Darlington supporting mate and his friends I did actually "want to go home" from said shithole but I don't recall that song ever being sung. Unfortunately.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I do not think it is in fact possible for a woman to achieve orgasm by having her posterior tickled by a stick of celery. Surely, the stick of celery would need to be moved from the posterior towards the clitoral area to achieve such a feat?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is the oldest tune still used at football grounds ? Our Albion, Albion, Albion (not the recent Liverpool based copy) is taken from The U.S. Stars and Stripes and was published in 1897.

Any older than that ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What is the oldest tune still used at football grounds ? Our Albion, Albion, Albion (not the recent Liverpool based copy) is taken from The U.S. Stars and Stripes and was published in 1897.

Any older than that ?
We are the Brighton boys, is to the tune of Marching Through Georgia which dates to 1865.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We are the Brighton boys, is to the tune of Marching Through Georgia which dates to 1865.

Well done... Good one.

' Bring back my Bonnie' may have been sung soon after the battle of Culloden in 1746 although it's not documented till later.
Of course we know it as 'if I had the wings of a sparrow and I had the arse of a crow, I'd flow over Selhurst tomorrow and shit on the *******s below'

I imagine Millwall would win this contest though what with most of their fans being Neanderthals.

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Well done... Good one.

' Bring back my Bonnie' may have been sung soon after the battle of Culloden in 1746 although it's not documented till later.
Of course we know it as 'if I had the wings of a sparrow and I had the arse of a crow, I'd flow over Selhurst tomorrow and shit on the *******s below'

I imagine Millwall would win this contest though what with most of their fans being Neanderthals.
The Charlton drummer dates from the Roman slave ships.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Any older than that ?

Norwich's 'On the ball' is always said to be the oldest chant, however I am not sure it can be claseed as a tune, I thought it was 16th C by the sounds of it but appently penned in 1890

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYAJ9wXKphw

OT... I saw a "woman" pushing a shopping trolley full of crap down the middle of the main street in Gillingham before the Darlo Gabbiadini hat-trick game. It was one of the highlights of the day actually. What a shithole.

Back on topic, having travelled all the way from Sheffield with my Darlington supporting mate and his friends I did actually "want to go home" from said shithole but I don't recall that song ever being sung. Unfortunately.

Probably the same one I witnessed in her Brentford Nylons housecoat and slippers shouting and swearing to some kids as we walked past here hovel on the way to Priestfield on my one and only visit to watch the Albion at the venue. Terrible place, terrible game, all I recall is a 0-1 loss to a Welsh team (no idea which). Sweary lady was more entertaining.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
"You must have come in a taxi"

The clearly didn't as there are at least 40 of them and the taxi fair would be astronomical from Yorkshire

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
To get to the Premier League a team has to finish in the top two of the Championship. Or finish in positions 3-6, then win a two-legged semi-final, then the play-off final at Wembley. Given the last four years' experiences I find it astonishing that so many Brighton fans regularly and loudly profess to not knowing how to get there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here