Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Non collaboration with the Capitalist System
Information Deficit Disorder (what's going on?)
Taxi Drivers against Global Warming
Cassandra Complex

We've all got disorders now. Just think of a name for it .

Great contribution. Hope you or a loved one never suffers from any serious MH problems.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cassandra Complex

W..a.nker.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Cassandra Complex

Think you need a gynaecologist not a psychologist.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I suffer with depression anxiety insomnia stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Moderation: There is a time and place for sarcasm, smart-arse comments etc.... this clearly isn't it. Thread bans will be issued.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
What an amazing thread, the stuff people deal with behind closed doors never ceases to amaze. Some incredible stories on here and a 'thumbs up' seems a completely insignificant response to someone pouring their heart out. Good luck to you all.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think someone messaged me and said you helped them. I have no plan no, well I do, I need to get back to work. From what I heard you are a very caring person. And yes I know it's late before anyone says anything. I went to bed and got up around midnight. It may not mean much to people but having something around you that you can love, cat, dog, rat, doesn't matter, does help. But, when you are like this you just think of when they'll die, not the time you have with them, it really is the hardest thing to explain. I think I'm a little stronger tonight for speaking to people here. But maybe not, maybe I am still clouded through alcohol.

alcohol just makes things worse ....

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Probably a bit late on this post but have you spoken to your doctor? You may be somewhere on the ausitm spectrum (not trying to diagnose you). I am sure to could access help with this and find some people to help you with the anxiety.

I know i really should and get help with it, but i am absolutely terrified of the result. I have been told this by a collegue who's family runs an autism charity, but again, seriously scared of the result.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know i really should and get help with it, but i am absolutely terrified of the result. I have been told this by a collegue who's family runs an autism charity, but again, seriously scared of the result.

PM'd you, all the best.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cassandra Complex

Personally, I thank god for those names. The ability to name these problems goes hand in hand with differentiating and sorting them. This sorting and orgainsing means that we can not only assist people with the problems but also make them realise that there are others out there with the same problems.

I hope you never have to live with any of these 'disorders' that you dismiss and belittle because you would realise that for some it is a daily battle. You would also soon realise that there is far more to it that just 'think of a name for it'

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
the best advice I can give anyone with depression is be your own best friend. Friends and family will do what they can, councilling will help, antidepressants will paper over the cracks. But ultimately you need to take responsibility for yourself.
I would strongly advise adapting your lifestyle to a way that combats depression - for a start that means exercise, no substance abuse and Being kind to yourself.

This thread has been great by the way

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Personally, I thank god for those names. The ability to name these problems goes hand in hand with differentiating and sorting them. This sorting and orgainsing means that we can not only assist people with the problems but also make them realise that there are others out there with the same problems.

I hope you never have to live with any of these 'disorders' that you dismiss and belittle because you would realise that for some it is a daily battle. You would also soon realise that there is far more to it that just 'think of a name for it'

Totally- before I experienced depression I couldn't understand why people just couldn't snap out of it and pull themselves together. The reality of depression and other MH issues is that it touches every aspect of your being. It was like (for me anyway) as if everything had been cloaked in my depressed emotion.
Threads like this are so important- it is not a case of oh look at me I have this problem and this type of disorder- when MH issues arrive at your door you are not thinking that way. You are surrounded by the fog of your emotions and to know that others out there may have experienced similar is I think potentially life saving.
None of us are too big or hairy or beautiful to not experience depression, anxiety etc. at some point in our life.
For those that want to get a cheap laugh from this thread please just pause before posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
No I don't have any mental health issues, however if I did I'm certain it's not a good idea to be posting in a weird virtual world such as NSC, I know for a fact that most posters on here will have a split personality, one for NSC one for REAL WORLD

Why do you think (in fact certain) that it's not a good idea?
Perhaps whilst thinking you might consider how much you know about these issues.

Rhetorical question though, you're probably better off not posting on this particular thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What an amazing thread, the stuff people deal with behind closed doors never ceases to amaze. Some incredible stories on here and a 'thumbs up' seems a completely insignificant response to someone pouring their heart out. Good luck to you all.

This, completely. Don't consider myself (so much as any of us can judge these things about ourselves) to have mental health problems, apart from maybe - to my view - a completely rational un-British aversion to queues. Just won't stand in one, unless I'm absolutely forced to, say, to get on a plane or get into a country. Probably drink a bit more than is healthy, but then again who doesn't?

At the same time, a significant number of friends who I have always considered to be WAY smarter and MUCH more together than I'm ever likely to be have fairly recently succumbed to mental health issues, including one who took his own life last year. My view now is that mental health problems can happen to anyone at any time for any reason, no matter how unlikely that might seem to a friend on the outside looking in. Cherish and support your friends. Listen to them if they appear to be having a tough time time of it, no matter how trivial or surmountable their problems may appear to be to yourself at the time. You'll be doing them a massive favour.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why do you think (in fact certain) that it's not a good idea?
Perhaps whilst thinking you might consider how much you know about these issues.

Rhetorical question though, you're probably better off not posting on this particular thread.

Ex serviceman diagnosed and fully recovered from PTSD in the 90's and my ex wife , 10 years divorced ,has for the last three years had a frequent relationship with Millview resulting in me becoming a full time primary parent for 2 of my three children! I might just know a little more than you have given me credit for, and if all I'm guilty of is suggesting the OP imho doesn't use the jungle that is NSC then I'm happy! BTW I have met more than enough posters on here in real life to all of them come across completely differently than their NSC persona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here