• Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Some lovely comments on here, thanks all. Always had time for Brighton; it would be great if we can both make up the top-2.

Another great result, in pretty awful conditions that restricted the football a bit. We still managed to create a hatful of chances though, and were very unlucky with a decent penalty save in the first half - a good effort to say two of our best are out of the team at the moment, Kasey Palmer and Jonny Hogg (my player of the season), and Izzy Brown was off colour tonight with illness (subbed after c.30ish minutes). All in all a good evening at the office.

It might sound weird, but we're actually quite pleased about the FA Cup run, and the replay, as it actually breaks up the league games a bit and gives us a chance to play the reserves (an entire 2nd 11 started against City, even the keeper!).

Regardless though, I think you guys are safe from our charge. Newcastle are the ones that need to worry, especially as they still need to come to the MacAlpine :)

Six wins on the spin and still 14 games to go. It is bloody difficult to keep a run of form going for 20 games; if you do, good luck in Prem. I think there were signs last Saturday that we have shaken off the torpor that led to the hammering at your place. I shall be happy if we are within three points of you with 8 games to go. All bar one are against teams currently in bottom 10 of the division. Your run in is slightly more difficult with a few teams that might squeeze a PO spot.

Not sure I agree about Newcastle - nailed on IMO. You might yet regret playing so negatively for 80 minutes at the Amex....

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Do you think Hudds fans are thinking "we've won 6 on the spin and we are still 4 points behind them"? Keep the faith. Get behind the team and all will be good.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was clinging on to the fact that Huddersfield are not that great away.......And then I looked at their remaining away fixtures. They have some pretty poor teams to play away. Their run in looks very straightforward (on paper)

If they get 6 points, maybe even 4 points from Barnsley and Newcastle I will be very worried.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some lovely comments on here, thanks all. Always had time for Brighton; it would be great if we can both make up the top-2.

Another great result, in pretty awful conditions that restricted the football a bit. We still managed to create a hatful of chances though, and were very unlucky with a decent penalty save in the first half - a good effort to say two of our best are out of the team at the moment, Kasey Palmer and Jonny Hogg (my player of the season), and Izzy Brown was off colour tonight with illness (subbed after c.30ish minutes). All in all a good evening at the office.

It might sound weird, but we're actually quite pleased about the FA Cup run, and the replay, as it actually breaks up the league games a bit and gives us a chance to play the reserves (an entire 2nd 11 started against City, even the keeper!).

Regardless though, I think you guys are safe from our charge. Newcastle are the ones that need to worry, especially as they still need to come to the MacAlpine :)

Last season we had Burnley who were OK bar the fact we had a dodgey game against them at our place that we should have won - purely because Barton should have been sent off halfway through - that annoyed many. Boro seemed to have a large number of keyboard warrior youths who thought coming on here or banging out shit on the #bhafc on Twitter was a cool thing to do. (we all have them but they seemed to have more - a bit like Leeds and Sheffield Weds too). So there was a bit of animosity about both. Also the high pressure situation obviously didn't help. We enter a similar sort of phase now with yourselves & toon and I can honestly say it seems different. A respect amongst the 3 decent football clubs. Don't get me wrong it's a battle and a long way to go but it would be great if these 3 were the ones promoted. In fact, out of the top 7 most BHA would choose you and Toon to go up I'd guess. Fair play to you for the run - you battered us at your place like no other team had but I also think you appreciated it was our worst performance of the season and didn't just write us off as 'shit' on one games' evidence. All the best, of course we have to hope you drop points as you do us, but there's definitely a nice respect there in my opinion....

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I was clinging on to the fact that Huddersfield are not that great away.......And then I looked at their remaining away fixtures. They have some pretty poor teams to play away. Their run in looks very straightforward (on paper)

If they get 6 points, maybe even 4 points from Barnsley and Newcastle I will be very worried.

I thought you'd already written us off after the Ipswich game? ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I rest my case. You may as well replace the words Newcastle with Burnley and Huddersfield with Brighton. Change a few scores and switch October for January and this post could have been made on a Boro forum almost a year ago.

Your analogy doesn't quite work because, at this point last year, all three of us were behind Hull. They fell away for the rest of the regular season. If Newcastle would like to be Hull and Huddersfield play us, I'm happy for us to be Boro or Burnley.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Your analogy doesn't quite work because, at this point last year, all three of us were behind Hull. They fell away for the rest of the regular season. If Newcastle would like to be Hull and Huddersfield play us, I'm happy for us to be Boro or Burnley.

We could be Hull too. We must be due a play-off triumph at SOME point!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think tonights result might actualy end up a blessing in disquise! Huddersfield won't be able to keep this run up for much longer and they looked much less of a threat than Reading/Leeds a month or 2 ago. I think if we can get 3-4 points from the next 2 games against Newcastle and Reading we are well on track!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes. I think you and the Skunks are going up this time around, but it's going to be another high points total finishing in 3rd again.

In any case I hope Hudds rest several players against Wolves as I'd much prefer them to concentrate on somehow knocking Citeh out of the FA cup in their replay, for obvious reasons...

We don't know when they're playing Wolves yet due to their cup replay

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's not to enjoy :)
We have a mid table budget
Do we? I know there are teams spending more, but I'm not so sure our budget is only mid table. Although I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you think Hudds fans are thinking "we've won 6 on the spin and we are still 4 points behind them"?
No, I think they're thinking that 5 games ago they were 11 points behind, and they've caught up 7 in just 5 games, and they've plenty of time left to catch up the rest.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
An away loss at Barnsley for Hudds and a win for us Saturday and will be back to seven the reverse they will be within one. Plenty of twists or turns to come and another emotional rollercoaster

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Well done on last night. Your run of form is very impressive, but hopefully (for us) we'll be able to match or better your results for the rest of the season.

On that thought, I was wondering what your view is on your 3 away Yorkshire games.
You have Barnsley this Saturday followed by trips to Leeds and Rotherham later in the season. Whilst Leeds is your West Yorkshire derby, will the two other games be tetchy with a derby like atmosphere as well? As we found out to our cost a few years ago, all form goes out the window in a derby. Are you worried about dropping points in these fixtures?

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

I was thinking more the whole thing where Boro were points clear with games in hand and you managed to claw it all back last year... Everything except the GD. But you are right about the presence of Hull, who bounced up to the top, stopped about for a bit, then buggered off back to the middle of the playoffs. They don't have an equivalent this year.

Regarding the earlier comments from another poster about the nature of other fans, I don't think there was much in the way of arguments between Brighton and Boro until the last day of the season, (generally our fans wanted your side up with us in the place of Dyche and Barton) which was understandable given the knife edge. Something like that always bringings out most of the idiots from either side.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Well done on last night. Your run of form is very impressive, but hopefully (for us) we'll be able to match or better your results for the rest of the season.

On that thought, I was wondering what your view is on your 3 away Yorkshire games.
You have Barnsley this Saturday followed by trips to Leeds and Rotherham later in the season. Whilst Leeds is your West Yorkshire derby, will the two other games be tetchy with a derby like atmosphere as well? As we found out to our cost a few years ago, all form goes out the window in a derby. Are you worried about dropping points in these fixtures?

Pretty sure they won away at Rotherham last week...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Haven't they already played Rotherham, Leeds, and also Wednesday?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Thanks. As Hefele put it to sky after the Leeds game "it's a f44king dream" at the moment... :)

Sorry to break it to you about the Yorkshire derbies point, but we've already played Leeds (won 1-0, Mooy thunderbolt) and Rotherham (won 3-2, the game that made us believe) away. That said, Barnsley will be hard, they gave us a very good game earlier in the season.

Other than that, we've already crossed off most of the expectedly difficult games away, Derby aside. Beat Newcastle at ours at the this could be on...

(...none us actually believe we'll make the top 2 by the way. We're lowly Huddersfield Town...we're giving you and Newcastle a fright at the moment but we'll end up disappointing ourselves again soon enough...maybe...)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Starting to feel as though there is now more of a need to beat Newcastle. Its turning into a proper 3 horse race, trust our luck

Hopefully Barnsley can tonk Hudds on Sat, they will really up for it when they played Leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here