Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT announces price hikes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I will agree with that living in Devon as well, it's rubbish, and I keep losing my TV signal on some channels or its all pixilated, utter crap.
Sky & BT are both terrible companies, not had dealings with Virgin but I hear they are not much better.
Letter today saying electricity gone up again it's all such a rip off, now got to sit down as we seem to do every year to find the best deals on TV, broadband, phone, gas & electricity, insurances etc etc.
Why can't we have the right services for the right price and good customer service without being ripped off at every opportunity for the sake of shareholders.
Customers have become a source to rip off rather than being looked after and appreciated in this country.
It makes my piss boil.

Well Virgin are rip off merchants too, but you don't get pixellated crap as the weather doesn't affect the picture!

Customers have always been ripped off by companies.

Best form of defence on price rises is attack. Play one company off against another and try to drive a better deal. Doesn't always work, but if you don't try you won't know.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think I read somewhere some of the CL games are only getting 200,000 viewers.

Doesn't help that Leicester and to a lesser extent Spurs are in it and not United/Pool/Chelsea

It's got the look of ITV digital

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
BT has announced prices rises for its broadband and landline services, while television customers will start having to pay for BT Sport.

Broadband charges will typically rise by between 5% and 6% from 2 April, the company said.

From August BT TV subscribers will pay £3.50 a month for BT Sport, which has been free for broadband customers.

Landline customers will see phone plans increase, and the cost of calls will go up by 1p a minute.

Rivals Sky, Virgin Media and TalkTalk have all announced price increases within the last year.

BT said phone rental would be frozen at £18.99, while the cost of a subscription to BT TV will also remain the same.

Brexit? :whistle:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
This one customer who will be cancelling as I find BT to be disgusting in their constant pursuit of shaftingJoe Ordsinary in the pursuit of maximising profits for shareholders.

Already I am payingfor BT TV ( only for Sky Sports 1 and 2 ) whereas I have no interest in the junk they broadcast as 'entertainment'

What are general thoughts about the best provider of Landline and Internet as I think that is where I shall leave it !

OH and Ernest is absolutely correct !

Use comparison sites to check the current deals all the providers are offering new customers.

We ditched BT earlier this year, somehow they had crept our bill for phone, broadband and BT Sport up to about £60(!). Took the best deal available at that time which was SSE (Southern)- line rental, all calls to landlines included, and fibre broadband, all for £21 per month.

Was a bit worried broadband might be slow / unreliable but it has been perfect and the switch was no hassle at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Whoops :smile:

I'm off to EE, been considering it for a while now but this news has made my mind up.

We’ve got some brilliant news

EE has joined the BT Group, home of BT Sport, BT Infinity superfast fibre optic broadband, and the UK’s biggest fixed communications network.

http://ee.co.uk/help/ee-is-now-part-of-bt

Personally I think BT represent excellent value for money and would heartily recommend them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well Virgin are rip off merchants too, but you don't get pixellated crap as the weather doesn't affect the picture!

Customers have always been ripped off by companies.

Best form of defence on price rises is attack. Play one company off against another and try to drive a better deal. Doesn't always work, but if you don't try you won't know.

Virgin simply have to pass on Sky's collosal charges and relentless price increases. There's no way out if, Sky/Murdoch have if largely sewn up, exploiting the near inelastic demand of live TV football junkies.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Well unless you are on Virgin, you can't get home broadband without a line! But yeah I understand your point.. who the hell uses a landline phone except very old people!

I'm sure it's all companies charging for a land line when you take broadband with them.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Virgin simply have to pass on Sky's collosal charges and relentless price increases. There's no way out if, Sky/Murdoch have if largely sewn up, exploiting the near inelastic demand of live TV football junkies.

I hear what you are saying but they could swallow the increases, or at least some of the extra through their massive profit margin. But that's unlikely to happen :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here