Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse 20th highest payers in the world

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but would be interested to see where Newcastle rank on this 'highest payers' list. If they had retained the likes of Sissoko and Townsend I would have had them in the top 20.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - what would be your best guess regarding this information?

Any idea what the best and worst case scenarios might be?

I 'think' that Palace have simply borrowed money and offered as security future gate receipts and Sky money. This is fairly common, as spookily over the weekend I was contacted by Radio Five Live in respect of Villa doing something similar.

It's no difference to taking out a mortgage on a property.

Palace (according to their last set of accounts) are debt free apart from about £10.7 million owing to the directors. It therefore looks as if they have taken out a loan with Barclays, and the bank want security on the loan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In other news, it looks as if Uncle Tony may* have lent the Albion a further £40 million, which he can (if he so wishes) convert into shares at a later date.

Albion New Loan Notes.PNG

Albion Increased share capital.PNG

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I 'think' that Palace have simply borrowed money and offered as security future gate receipts and Sky money. This is fairly common, as spookily over the weekend I was contacted by Radio Five Live in respect of Villa doing something similar.

It's no difference to taking out a mortgage on a property.

Palace (according to their last set of accounts) are debt free apart from about £10.7 million owing to the directors. It therefore looks as if they have taken out a loan with Barclays, and the bank want security on the loan.

So is the £100 million just a gift then by the Americans and not a loan or was it to purchase the club?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't it strange how 'they' keep referencing Tony and the Albion's finances, then fail to mention some queer goings on closer to home.
They keep telling us everything is so rosy at Palace so why should they stress ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When reading their boards, it is a concern amongst some of their fans that they will eventually get relegated before they either get a new ground or improve Selhurst. Some are a little concerned that agents and players will have lined their pockets and the club will end up no better off and have nothing to show for it when they return to the Championship. I think they are correct to be concerned.

I agree, if I had to support that car crash I'd be worried.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
In other news, it looks as if Uncle Tony may* have lent the Albion a further £40 million, which he can (if he so wishes) convert into shares at a later date.

Hmm, So much for the Palace fans prediction that Uncle Tone really has not got a lot of money and is about to go broke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So is the £100 million just a gift then by the Americans and not a loan or was it to purchase the club?

If the Americans bought shares in the club from Parish and co the money would have gone to Parish rather than the club itself.

At present it is not possible to tell.

Palace increased their share capital by £10.7 million early in 2016, which is the exact amount of the directors' loans prior to that date. What may have happened is that the directors converted their loans into shares and then sold those shares to the Americans, but that's educated guesswork rather than a definitive explanation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Hmm, So much for the Palace fans prediction that Uncle Tone really has not got a lot of money and is about to go broke.

I thing they are way off the mark. According to my SAUCE in the City, TB is worth more than Bet365, which was valued at £800 million in 2013, and has increased in value since then.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I thing they are way off the mark. According to my SAUCE in the City, TB is worth more than Bet365, which was valued at £800 million in 2013, and has increased in value since then.

Thanks for that El P, with that bit of info you may well have broken the hearts of a number of Palace fans who post on the BBS away end.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I wonder if it's worth asking him for a bit of the rind on his bacon (steady). Would set me up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for that El P, with that bit of info you may well have broken the hearts of a number of Palace fans who post on the BBS away end.

I've never been a heartbreaker before, althought [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] broke mine a few years ago, but that's water under the pier now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never been a heartbreaker before, althought [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] broke mine a few years ago, but that's water under the pier now.

It was for the best x

It was just too much for me to take in at the time.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

They will be telling us that TB has never been a fan of the Albion and that the American OWNERS they have are true life long fans of Palace and their shite goal music!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair to Palace, they have to do something to attract players....Pardew+Croydon+Selhurst isn't exactly the dream package.
They have goal music and an eagle, it's like home from home for the Americans.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They have an unsustainable model with nothing to back them up. A relegation will seriously dent them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here