Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
In a country that is evenly split between left/right this guy is just part of the rightist media. They spew this stuff all day long feeding the fears of the right. The main stream media in the large cities tends to spew out stuff for the left. Did you hear one word in favour of anything the Democrats did? Maybe one where Hillary Clinton called the Islamic extremists the correct word.

It's about listening to opinions. If we just go down the route of not listening to someone because they are labelled within the spectrum of right and left there will be no one left to listen to.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Seems to say people who voted for Trump aren't racist but voted for him because of Muslim immigration, whilst inflammatory pictures of radical Islam are shown. Who is he criticising of using 'identity politics'?

1. That's not his video, someone took his voice and added photos.
2. Photos of radical islam are highly relevant to the subject matter
3. Islam isn't a race

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That is interesting: the polls underestimated both candidates but underestimated Trump's by quite a lot. What seems to have happened is that Stein, Johnson and McMullin polled far fewer votes than expected and nearly all their expected votes went to Trump. Utah certainly was expected to be a lot closer - it wasn't that long ago I was reading that there was a set of (very remote) circumstances where McMullin could become president - that all seems a long way off.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Got any proof of that defamation or a retraction?
I think you have serious mental health problems and heres why.

Puting a list of gay issues together would start with sex, then marrage, gay adoption, speach codes homophobia/gay jokes, pride, pension rights and no doubt a few more I oppose gay adoption and speach codes, for specific reasons. Meaning I accept most the gay agenda and yet you would lump me in with Islamic State! I mean if an IS poster started posting about throwing gays of buildings what would you post then? That they hate gays but with the caps lock on?

The only one hating in this thread is you.

The MSM has lied all through the campaign and is still at it, Brietbart has been the only honest media outlet so trumps win was no surprise to those reading it.

Here is an example of the BBC faking it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37948755

https://www.facebook.com/myiannopou...3006854503882/779334792204418/?type=3&theater

:shrug: Even by your usual semantic manipulation standards the IS link is a bold one! I've formed the opinion over the years that you don't like gay people Looney. A conclusion I came to because of you losing your shit on many occasions 'discussing' the topic. Sue me.

As for your MSM rant. What?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The front page of the Buchan Observer:-

buchan-observer.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Radical Islam is a problem :shrug:

agree ,so is radical Christianity (creationists)
recognised religious cults like Mormonism and Scientology are problems as well.

so called moderate islam is less than friendly in many cases

in conclusion religion is stupid.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You may have a point. I am a Christian, probably fairly moderate. But Christians, Mormons, scientologists etc cannot be compared in the same sentence as radical Muslims. There are excellent, intellectual reasons for your stance on religion, and I respect that, but to simply dismiss 'radical Islam is a problem' by inserting another religion of choice is unfounded.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted

About 40% of Americans believe in creationism.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

And more violence from Democrat shit lords just because someone doesn't share their opinion.

That is a shocking video although I wouldn't call it terrorism.

I read the girl in question answered an Instagram post with quite an ambiguous answer which some took as anti Mexican.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:shrug: Even by your usual semantic manipulation standards the IS link is a bold one! I've formed the opinion over the years that you don't like gay people Looney. A conclusion I came to because of you losing your shit on many occasions 'discussing' the topic. Sue me.

As for your MSM rant. What?

OK thats a no to examples then. Just smear, and litigation is clearer on racism smears, not sure about "You hate homos"

But lets for a moment assume you are correct. What has this got to do with issues and asking questions and answering them? You prove my point by showing that identity politics sends debates to the lowest denominator.

Lets take ISIS or WBC. Shouldn't at some point their arguments be countered? rather than just waving them away and dismissing them as bigots in an arrogant an aloof manner that seems to appeal to you?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here