Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Cracking signing and I think the price is good for a 24yr old. My only concern is that this could slow the development of goldson. Also makes me wonder if there is a possibility that dunk could go ? I hope not. I think we now have 4 cbs who are to coin a phrase 'premiership ready'.

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Great signing, got to be considered the strongest defence in the championship now. Even got two great goalkeepers.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Cracking signing and I think the price is good for a 24yr old. My only concern is that this could slow the development of goldson. Also makes me wonder if there is a possibility that dunk could go ? I hope not. I think we now have 4 cbs who are to coin a phrase 'premiership ready'.
Surely Dunk would have picked up a mysterious injury or developed fitness issues if he was about to be sold, rather than risk injury playing league games.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I presume Blackburn eventually agreed to the £500,000 add on, so we will have paid £4million up front (or maybe slightly less). Apologies if this is fixtures - Blackburn have signed Tommie Hoban on a season-long loan from Watford and a left back.

Where did you get the 4m + 500,000 add on, or was that just a totally pluck it out of the air and look as if you know something moment

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strength in depth, well at CB, is good news :)
Not to mention goalkeeper, centre midfield (at the moment) and wingers.
More centre backs equals better full back cover.

Just one glaring omission.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Andy Naylor is reporting that it's nowhere near that figure. I doubt that we paid anything like that amount up front either. There will be appearance clauses, promotion bonuses etc and four years to take into account.

You could well be right. I hadn't read Andy Naylor's article, and I typed in a hurry before doing something else (it's a good job I've not been at work this week, or I'd never have got any work done). Whatever, I did think the £4.5 million would be nowhere near the actual figure. I wonder if these deals, building up to a final amount, are the way the majority are done these days. Edit - read it now.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
According to Sky, Swansea have agreed a deal to sign Alfie Mawson from Barnsley as a replacement for Ashley Williams. I know Sunderland was mentioned on here, but I don't think he was ever a runner for us. Sky are saying the fee is around £5 million.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I may be in a minority of one here but I couldn't be much more disappointed if I tried.
From what I've seen of Duffy I really don't rate him above being a bang average championship defender.
Good with his head, but error prone and easily pulled out of position.
I'm glad we signed a CB but believe we could have done better, I know he's an international etc etc, but I couldn't care less about that, what I care about is Brighton and us not having defenders on the pitch that are likely to give the opposition chances and ultimately be blameworthy for goals every match. Colin Hawkins MK2.
God I hope I'm wrong. With that said, if he gets into the side, he will have my full support and I truly hope he can perform at a level that makes this post look incredibly silly.
Bet Blackburn are rubbing their hands and the rest of the promotion contenders are laughing their arses off at us.
Please please please prove me wrong Shane.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's only one Shane Duffy,
There's only one Shane Duffy,
He scored two own goals,
He joined the seagulls,
Walking in a Duffy wonderland

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I may be in a minority of one here but I couldn't be much more disappointed if I tried.
From what I've seen of Duffy I really don't rate him above being a bang average championship defender.
Good with his head, but error prone and easily pulled out of position.
I'm glad we signed a CB but believe we could have done better, I know he's an international etc etc, but I couldn't care less about that, what I care about is Brighton and us not having defenders on the pitch that are likely to give the opposition chances and ultimately be blameworthy for goals every match. Colin Hawkins MK2.
God I hope I'm wrong. With that said, if he gets into the side, he will have my full support and I truly hope he can perform at a level that makes this post look incredibly silly.
Bet Blackburn are rubbing their hands and the rest of the promotion contenders are laughing their arses off at us.
Please please please prove me wrong Shane.

If you cared about Brighton like you say then stop grizzling and actually back the players we sign. It's embarrassing reading some of the shit on here. All of a sudden people seem to be experts on Duffy.

We smash our transfer record and people are still ungrateful FFS

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here