Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct debits

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Very bad business sence. Directly pissing off your customers should always be avoided, and this could have been.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obviously it varies, depending on where people sit, but how much - on average - is a season ticket monthly DD?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Think i pay £39 for north

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obviously it is just plain wrong if a company takes a DD before the agreed date - especially when people organise their finances accordingly.

But if a payment of between £40 and £50 left my account a few days early and caused me to go overdrawn / incur bank charges then personally I'd be more worried about my own cash-flow than the club's administration. That seems way too marginal to be comfortable.

But yes - the club were wrong to do this.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
2 x £59.62
[MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] - I’m fortunate that I have no problem with our DD’s being taken, like you from the sounds of it. Some supporters, with say a families worth of DD’s coming out, or tightly financially squeezed, may find they are not so fortunate at the end of the month and could be pushed into overdraft through no fault of their own. Its a poor showing by the club if they have not responded to supporters contacts regarding this.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Obviously it is just plain wrong if a company takes a DD before the agreed date - especially when people organise their finances accordingly.

But if a payment of between £40 and £50 left my account a few days early and caused me to go overdrawn / incur bank charges then personally I'd be more worried about my own cash-flow than the club's administration. That seems way too marginal to be comfortable.

Then you are lucky, for me and a lot of people, each month can be a struggle and every penny is virtually budgeted for. So when a dd is taken the day before payday, it does cause me a problem.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

And i'm sure your 'better than thou' attitude towards others finances is sure to piss a few people off. There are often unforseen circumstances that cannot be budgeted for that can put an already stretched budget on the limit. Direct debits are supposed to be a set amount leaving your account at the same time every month. If they move this then obvioysly out of 20,000+ season ticket holdera there are going to be at least a few people where this is one payment too much too early, through no fault of theirs. So get off your high horse and admire your healthy account balance without putting other people down.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
mine too !!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Appalling from the club. Mistakes happen and I'm sure something's gone wrong somewhere down the line which is forgivable. To completely ignore the fact it's happened and not acknowledge anyone asking about it isn't.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

May not be £40 or £50 for some people - could be £150/200 or more for some families.....

Anyway, not a good thing to happen if you're budgeting carefully or getting paid on 1st month.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

That's not really the point though, is it? Is makes no difference to me either, but it would have done not all that long ago. Plenty of fans are kids at Uni or people who are struggling financially, and this is a massive mistake by the club. I don't really understand how it can have happened.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Appalling from the club. Mistakes happen and I'm sure something's gone wrong somewhere down the line which is forgivable. To completely ignore the fact it's happened and not acknowledge anyone asking about it isn't.

I am disppointed that the club and Paul Barber have not seen fit to answer my email or put any kind of explanation on their website.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mine also came out on the 31st, although I'm fortunate enough that the date makes little difference to me.

I can't imagine for a second that the club and PB will ignore this. Unlike many complaints, which affect only a few people, this will affect many thousands - I suspect, although don't know, that the club will ensure they have a thorough understanding of what has happened before responding.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here