Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Grabban agree personal terms with the Albion?

Will he sign

• Yes

Votes: 85 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 120 58.5%

• Total voters

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Not really? We've lost a player approaching an end to his contract, someone who deserves first team football and some deadwood. We've also made it pretty clear Bridcutt and Ulloa aren't going anywhere cheaply. We've also prolonged the contract of Ince and activity to bring players in is evident.

Do you really think the players we've lost won't be replaced in two weeks?

A perfect summary, and just because talks have been prolonged doesn't mean he won't sign. I can understand in his position that if he isn't guaranteed first team football that it may put him off, which IMO shows he's all aboutt he football rather than the money. But he can play on the wing, can't he? so in some sense, he's an upgrade from Barnes and therefore worth pursuing. He's got a fair few goals already this season, so IMO he can't be guaranteed every day but should be considered a valuable player to us if he were to come.
£1.1m seems like a steal though, so I do hope we get this.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This Jan is turning into a disaster.

No it's not. El Abd and Barnes going was disappointing but never a disaster, neither would make it at higher standard and that is what the board want. They were good to average championship players and would never be anything better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course not.

We've been gazumped by Leicester, QPR, Forest or Middlesbrough I reckon.

Was neither overwhelmed, nor underwhelmed by him - just 'whelmed' I suppose.

No loss, move on to the next one.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've also always wondered this. We need answers.

I was going to say it clearly belongs to the South as the North does in Northampton.

BUT how does that work with Littlehampton?

I suspect that the h must belong to the hampton. So it is Hampton of the Sout. Stupid place.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Of course not.

We've been gazumped by Leicester, QPR, Forest or Middlesbrough I reckon.

Was neither overwhelmed, nor underwhelmed by him - just 'whelmed' I suppose.

No loss, move on to the next one.

Huh? He will announced any minute now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've voted Yes, but it seems to be in the balance; 50/50.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we don't hear anything within the next hour Tony will be going to bed over in Melbourne.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To play for us tomorrow he needs to have signed by midday today.

Their version of Andy Naylor has just tweeted that he will sign for us

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People seem to forget that as long as he is registered before midday then he's able to play. It doesn't have to be ANNOUNCED then. They could announce it at midnight if they wanted to.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I bet we end up paying him more than we offered Barnes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
People seem to forget that as long as he is registered before midday then he's able to play. It doesn't have to be ANNOUNCED then. They could announce it at midnight if they wanted to.

Good point.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This. The Upson signing wasn't announced until late on the Friday, and I seem to remember the same with Orlandi. Both were in the squad the following day.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I bet we end up paying him more than we offered Barnes.

I agree. I bet we offered Grabban what we offered Barnes but Grabban was already on that salary so we've had to offer much more. Only explanation I can think of as to why negotiations have taken so long. My personal opinion like.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree. I bet we offered Grabban what we offered Barnes but Grabban was already on that salary so we've had to offer much more. Only explanation I can think of as to why negotiations have taken so long. My personal opinion like.

It could be, for example, length of contract. You are just guessing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does the 'H' in Southampton belong to the 'South' or the 'Hampton'? You can't have it both ways Southampton FC!

Firstly, what has that got to do with it...... and
Secondly, I would guess it is elided (I think that is the right word, without looking it up.) Instead of saying it as two words - South Hampton, with a break between the two and not dropping the H on the Hampton, the two words just "grew" in to each other, and one of the H's was dropped.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
To play for us tomorrow he needs to have signed by midday today.

Their version of Andy Naylor has just tweeted that he will sign for us

Posted 17/1/2014 11:20
#710841 - in reply to #709746
Subject: Re: grabban to brighton- done deal

[MENTION=17223]Neil[/MENTION]perrettecho
#afcb Grabban update: Understood to be close to finalising move to #bhafc. Needs to sign by noon to be available tomorrow

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I am like many on here and like I said it's just my opinion. It's a forum to discuss things and raise points of views and I'm just airing mine.

It's not an opinion. It's a guess. Just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here