Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Will Noble get a retrospective ban for flooring a fan?

Doubt it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Na knowing the FA it’ll be a pitiful fine and a slap on the wrist. Guarantee it.

Exactly, it was so easy to slap a points deduction on a team down the bottom of the Fourth division. They will almost certainly wimp out of one for Premier League WHU.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Different rules when you've won the World Cup, don't you know?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
From a pitch invasion perspective, this isn't really that terrible.

A couple of idiots on the pitch, from what I've seen so far.
The FA will make a very public warning to the club that if it happens again there will be a pts deduction.

The fans are more passionate about staying a premier league club.
And I doubt they will do it again, unless they are already relegated.
Then I suspect it will properly kick off.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I get the impression there is two very different things that have happened here- 2 drunken idiots running on the pitch to confront players...happens occasionally, and then mass demo/violence centred around directors box. Might be wrong, but don't think the pitch invasion was the real incident here.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Enjoyed the footage of the hipster pitch invader getting a few hard hits upon his return to the stand, what a knobber.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Was going to suggest that a couple of matches played behind closed doors might be fair. However I think that might actually help the team. Can’t be easy playing at home in the current atmosphere so forget that idea!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Some people on here have very short memories. We had plenty of pitch invasions before the FA took away points.

I’m with the West Ham fans on this one. Have had the soul of their club destroyed for the sake of a cheap deal at a big stadium. Not surprised they expected to see some of this money invested better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
West Ham.jpg

Palace had a scout at the game. They were looking at a potential replacement for Zaha if he moves on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m with the West Ham fans on this one. Have had the soul of their club destroyed for the sake of a cheap deal at a big stadium. Not surprised they expected to see some of this money invested better.
I haven't followed them that closely, did the fans protest against the stadium move etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here