Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 24/2 - 25/2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of those gameweeks where if everything goes as expected and to plan the table could look VERY nice at the end.

However, that has pretty much NEVER happened this season.
It pretty much never happens any season does it? It's unusual for all games to be won by the favourites when several teams are reasonably matched.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It pretty much never happens any season does it? It's unusual for all games to be won by the favourites when several teams are reasonably matched.

Oh go on mate.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First and and by some distance foremost, we want us to stay up. That's all that really matters. Our chance of staying up improves if WBA take lots of points off our other rivals. Us finishing 10 points above WBA won't be any consolation if we go down with them.

Yeah I don't disagree. Several cup finals - we won't win them all, but we need to win a few of them.

I may well be the first to ever say the following - Take one game at time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have I done wrong again :(

My response was in the vein of Jeremy to Mark in Peep Show, one of my all-time favourite lines;

peeeeep.jpg

Basically, you're right, but I wish you weren't.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I want them to take a definite slot. Plus I can't stand the club, and their playing style under many managers. One win and I can see them doing a bloody Palace and winning loads more.

Obviously if I could act as God and engineer all the results, I'd make them marginally go down, whilst winning against our other rivals.

I'm with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] here. Even if WBA win I can't see them digging themselves out and it's one less for Hudders where it will come down to narrow margins at the end. I think we might need WBA to keep in touch, if they go early then their end of season games against Swansea, Newc and Croydon are more likely to result in 3 points for the enemies I'd have thought

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] here.
You'd think people had learnt not to disagree by now.
Even if WBA win I can't see them digging themselves out and it's one less for Hudders where it will come down to narrow margins at the end. I think we might need WBA to keep in touch, if they go early then their end of season games against Swansea, Newc and Croydon are more likely to result in 3 points for the enemies I'd have thought
Exactement!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] here. Even if WBA win I can't see them digging themselves out ......

That's what everybody thought about Palace at the beginning of the season, and again about Swansea not so long ago.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Premier league 24/2 to 26/2

Sat 24 Feb
Leicester vs Stoke
Liverpool vs West Ham
Brighton vs Swansea
Bournemouth vs Newcastle Utd
West Brom vs Huddersfield Town
Burnley vs Southampton
Watford vs Everton

Sun 25 Feb
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham
Manchester Utd vs Chelsea

Thu 01 Mar
Arsenal vs Manchester City

As usual, some key fixtures affecting us.

One that interests me is WBA v Hudds. Do we want a draw or a home win? I think if this was the status quo in 2 or 3 weeks with WBA 7 points adrift, I'd be wanting a home win, but as it is, a home win here could yet galvanise them so I suspect a draw might suit us best with the dropped point and all that. Sam thing goes for the Bournemouth v Newcastle game, where I think Bournemouth might have been safe already if this was being played 3 weeks from now with their current point gap to the relegation places. As it is, a draw would do us nicely there too.

Oh, and home win at the Amex please. :thumbsup:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Apologies in advance from a Burnley fan....we just have too many first-choice players out injured at the moment. We were dreadful at Palace recently and even worse against Swansea last week (both 0-1 losses), and I see a similar result againsts Saints.

We're not safe yet and some fans are getting twitchy...not so surprising when we have lost 7 first-choice players for long spells this season...Brady, Defour, Heaton, Tarkowski, Ward, Lowton, Wood (all starters) as well as injuries to squad players Walters, Marney, Wells, Bardsley and now Arfield. I think only Watford and Palace can have been hit so hard by injuries this season. No way we can hang on to 7th and I just want to reach 40 points (four more). Probably get 3 of them in the rearranged home game against Chelsea - we play better against the Top Six.

Apologies in advance from a Burnley fan....we just have too many first-choice players out injured at the moment. We were dreadful at Palace recently and even worse against Swansea last week (both 0-1 losses), and I see a similar result againsts Saints.

We're not safe yet and some fans are getting twitchy...not so surprising when we have lost 7 first-choice players for long spells this season...Brady, Defour, Heaton, Tarkowski, Ward, Lowton, Wood (all starters) as well as injuries to squad players Walters, Marney, Wells, Bardsley and now Arfield. I think only Watford and Palace can have been hit so hard by injuries this season. No way we can hang on to 7th and I just want to reach 40 points (four more). Probably get 3 of them in the rearranged home game against Chelsea - we play better against the Top Six.

Good on you mate so can you please convince your boss to play your u23 squad when you play us towards the end of the season as we may certainly need 3 points by then

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just throwing it out there.

If Huddersfield were to win, shirley that means WBA are guaranteed to be relegated, leaving only 2 more places available.
From then on the Albion will be one of 10 teams attempting to scrabble away from only 2 places, instead of 3.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd marginally prefer West Brom to win, although a draw comes a close second. West Brom can still take a lot of points against our relegation rivals, but they'll need at least five wins out of 11 to stay up; remember they've only won three out of 27. Extremely doubtful, even if they beat Huddersfield.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just throwing it out there.

If Huddersfield were to win, shirley that means WBA are guaranteed to be relegated, leaving only 2 more places available.
From then on the Albion will be one of 10 teams attempting to scrabble away from only 2 places, instead of 3.
If WBA lose tomorrow, it's more likely to increase the amount of points we need to avoid the drop, than reduce the target.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here