Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eubank Jr Vs Billy Joe Saunders

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
I told you it would never go ahead and I don't think Fury's fight will, total bullshit and it makes me hate boxing when they pull stunts like this

Surely its false advertising though? ... Can I claim money back because of a particular fight cancellation?

I cant believe they are allowed to advertise a fight to sell 'substantially' more tickets when the contract between the fighters isn't even signed?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No doubt boxing politics at place here, CEJ will not want to sign a contract to fight BJS full of options if he wins, maybe Eddie H has had a word in his old mans ear and wants him on Matchrooms books ?

Rotten trick though to play on people who bought tickets especially to see this one and as usual 'card subject to change' screws people out of their hard earned cash.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Gutted about this.

Was really looking forward to it.

1KO.jpg

VS

gypsy_1592437c.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Far more interesting fight than the one between lunk head and what's his name

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Tomorrows fight, Cloud v Beterbiev in The vacant NABA Light-Heavyweight Championship.

"Tavoris Cloud is in a make or break, career-defining bout against Russia's Artur Beterbiev. Win, and he's on the road back to climbing the rankings and a chance at becoming a two-time world champion. Lose and his future as a top level fighter will be heavily under question."

Will be a cracking match, its a MUST win for Cloud, expect some big things! Not to be missed

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Tomorrows fight, Cloud v Beterbiev in The vacant NABA Light-Heavyweight Championship.

"Tavoris Cloud is in a make or break, career-defining bout against Russia's Artur Beterbiev. Win, and he's on the road back to climbing the rankings and a chance at becoming a two-time world champion. Lose and his future as a top level fighter will be heavily under question."

Will be a cracking match, its a MUST win for Cloud, expect some big things! Not to be missed

Cloud is a very limited one dimensional fighter. Reminds me a lit of jeff lacy if you stand in front of him he can look destructive but anyone who gives him movement or angles will defeat him.

I was fortunate enough to be ringside for Hopkins vs Cloud March last year and the veteran schooled him for the first 9/10 rounds.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Apparently Eubank Jr was offered £185,000 for the fight...
Unbelievable money if this is true.

Its different pulling out with injury but for F.Warren to say he hadn't even signed the contracts seems ridiculous - For a fight to be advertised and promoted both fighters must have signed the contract and the fight be cleared by the boxing association; Warren knows this yet posted all over social media that the fight was on. Ridiculous to come out and say he hadn't signed the contract and to issue him an ultimatum.

Whatever the story I do think Eubank has got himself cornered and knows if he doesn't now take the fight its potentially massive on his career.. But if he takes the fight and looses he won't get paid or offered a fight like this again, but knows BJS is in a different league!?!

D

Deleted member 18477

No doubt boxing politics at place here, CEJ will not want to sign a contract to fight BJS full of options if he wins, maybe Eddie H has had a word in his old mans ear and wants him on Matchrooms books ?

Rotten trick though to play on people who bought tickets especially to see this one and as usual 'card subject to change' screws people out of their hard earned cash.

I hope so. I much prefer Eddie Hearn to frank warrens crap. Don't even get me started on box nation! I already have Sky sports so happy with Hearns nights of boxing as I pay no more unless it's a big fight on box office. I'll never get box nation.

I was interested in this fight because of Eubank. I've never really cared about Billy joe. And after watching that trash talk video he's at the bottom of my list of boxers to watch now. Disgusting behaviour. Not even George groves had to go to that extreme level of disrespect to get a fight with Froch. Seems to me like billy joe needs this more than Eubank. in fact I had almost forgotten about him until I heard Eubank was going to fight him!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I hope so. I much prefer Eddie Hearn to frank warrens crap. Don't even get me started on box nation! I already have Sky sports so happy with Hearns nights of boxing as I pay no more unless it's a big fight on box office. I'll never get box nation.

I was interested in this fight because of Eubank. I've never really cared about Billy joe. And after watching that trash talk video he's at the bottom of my list of boxers to watch now. Disgusting behaviour. Not even George groves had to go to that extreme level of disrespect to get a fight with Froch. Seems to me like billy joe needs this more than Eubank. in fact I had almost forgotten about him until I heard Eubank was going to fight him!

Agreed for a former Olympian and European Champion he is not on anyones radar apart from hardcore boxing buffs

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If Eubank knows he's good enough to beat BJS and is targetting world level - which, if the people who rate him are right, is the case - then why should he be pressured into signing a contract for a domestic-European level fight?

No doubt Fast Car at least has an eye on things, given that he was saying pretty much the same on Twitter. It isn't all about the money: Fish Eyes might well have written a contract which ties Eubank into rematches/numerous fights on BoxNation, which could slow Eubank's career. That would explain why Eubank is taking his time while FE is putting pressure on him.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Box Nation TV is fine for the hard core boxing fan but it does nothing to publicise a boxer the way SKY/Matchroom and their hype machine can, look at the way SKY built Froch v Groves II into a Wembley stadium PPV event.

If Warren has given CEJ a contract that doesn't match his needs then why sign it when it is Saunders that needs this fight not Eubank.

Dec 3, 2012
wins this fight using only his left , should end up as one of the greats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNSR57WdN8

Still alot of unanswered questions with Eubank.

Does he punch hard enough at the top level? Can he hold a shot? What is he like under pressure and what's his stamina like?

Puts his punches together well and looks smooth and balanced but really not sure he'd be creating nearly as much interest if he had a different old man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here