Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Games Left - Points Prediction

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Crept up being the operative couple of words. Crept up by three points in ten games.

Agreed, and everyone says what great form they've been on and that we've bit up and down. If they can keep up their recent form for the rest of the season, they will end up with about 95 points and almost certainly be in the top two. But it is very difficult to continue that sort of form for another 16 games and they surely will drop more points at some point.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
15 games left.
3 points behind my top-end schedule.

25-30 points required (to finish at between 90-95 points).
45 points available.

9 wins & a mixture of other results should do it.
Or 8 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses should also be good enough.

Not too much room for error.
1.7 - 2.0 ppg required to reach the Premier League after 15 games.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Huddersfield will get 93 points, so we need 93.

28 points from 15. 9 wins and a draw, and 5 defeats.

HAVE to win against Barnsley. Massive game now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've had to call in a favour from Derby to save us from dropping to 3rd. All complete speculation but been failry consistent over the past few weeks. Our run is is statistically "easier" than any others (ave position of teams to play is 14, next is Reading on 12.5 - Newcastle toughest at 11).

Don't subscribe at all to the philosophy of "it's in our hands" ... we'll need a helping hand from others somewhere amongst this

Football.JPG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've had to call in a favour from Derby to save us from dropping to 3rd. All complete speculation but been failry consistent over the past few weeks. Our run is is statistically "easier" than any others (ave position of teams to play is 14, next is Reading on 12.5 - Newcastle toughest at 11).

Don't subscribe at all to the philosophy of "it's in our hands" ... we'll need a helping hand from others somewhere amongst this

View attachment 82186

Surprised you've got Toon finishing on 100 - they've looked very poor of late, and have the hardest run in. As it stands I think they're most likely to finish 3rd.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surprised you've got Toon finishing on 100 - they've looked very poor of late, and have the hardest run in. As it stands I think they're most likely to finish 3rd.

They've been competant and last night appeared to be the most likely winners, dominating possesion and more than twice the shots ... I'd say that was impressive against Norwich who had momentum. They've also got Gayle back and I think he makes a big difference for them.

I think they are going to steamroller their way to the title. Be thrilled to be wrong but I can't see where I have been unreasonably generous to them on that table ... the 3 aways perhaps?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
15 games left.
3 points behind my top-end schedule.

25-30 points required (to finish at between 90-95 points).
45 points available.

9 wins & a mixture of other results should do it.
Or 8 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses should also be good enough.

Not too much room for error.
1.7 - 2.0 ppg required to reach the Premier League after 15 games.

You're right, not much room for error but still realistically achievable.

7 home games remaining:
Win 4, draw 2 and lose 1, gives us 14 points.

8 away:
3 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats gives us 12 points.

Total 26 points - just over half of the 45 remaining.

Grand total 91.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They've been competant and last night appeared to be the most likely winners, dominating possesion and more than twice the shots ... I'd say that was impressive against Norwich who had momentum. They've also got Gayle back and I think he makes a big difference for them.

I think they are going to steamroller their way to the title. Be thrilled to be wrong but I can't see where I have been unreasonably generous to them on that table ... the 3 aways perhaps?

The pressure is on them so much more than any other side. Against Wolves they were lucky to win. The atmosphere at St James's Park is very poor when I've seen them on telly. Let's see what happens when they have a wobble. I'd bet a lot of money on them not getting near 100 points.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're right, not much room for error but still realistically achievable.

7 home games remaining:
Win 4, draw 2 and lose 1, gives us 14 points.

8 away:
3 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats gives us 12 points.

Total 26 points - just over half of the 45 remaining.

Grand total 91.

Frankly if we don't go up after achieving 89 and then 91 points in consecutive seasons, we might as well give up.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
With 15 games left my prediction is 93 points.

That's 28 points from a possible 45, doesn't sound too impossible!

I've gone for 19 points from home and 9 points away.

Whether that's enough for a top 2 finish is anyone's guess.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

It was enough for every single season in the last 20 years.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

19 pts from 21 is a big ask with Reading, Newcastle, Derby, all to come but if ever there was a time to beat the time teams this was it. God I hope you're right.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Albion have never made it easy for themselves, and I can see the outcome going down to the wire again this season. Let's just hope that a points total in the high eighties will be enough for automatic promotion, unlike last year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The Albion have never made it easy for themselves, and I can see the outcome going down to the wire again this season. Let's just hope that a points total in the high eighties will be enough for automatic promotion, unlike last year.

Never ?? They made it pretty easy for themselves in 2010/11. Promotion secured and all wrapped up with weeks to spare.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Good call. Everyone, even now, seems to think that they are going to walk this division, when they are only one point in front of us. Whose to say it won't be Newcastle who miss out? As you say, their form hasn't been great either.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
These things are impossible as we all know but my first reaction was why have you got us to beat Forest and Wolves away but Hudders only drawing? I know it's not correct to do so but I tried to give us the same results for the same fixture ... I didn't really see any reason to do anything different

edit: Ooops that was for [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here