Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The first (seriously uncool) single you ever bought

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Daddy Cool by Darts. It's a demise was via a kettle of boiling hot water which curled up the old vinyl 45 into a very trendy ash tray.

My next single was 5 minutes by The Stranglers. A step in the right direction :)

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
That isn't an uncool single! The Damned and Motorhead both covered it.

Personally was never a singles fan. The only one I ever bought was the 1978 Re-issue of Silver Machine...
Wasn't that a collaboration of the two called 'Motordamn'?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool

I don't know why I bought it, it sounded great at the time, looking back I'm thinking someone should be slapped me then :facepalm:

If only you had brought the super cool 7" version by Little Jimmy Osmond with The Mike Curb Congregation :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The most uncool thing about this thread is so many songs which were released well into my 20s and 30s

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Mr Bean - I want to be elected

Or the Stonk by Hale and Pace. I was about 6 at the time

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Popular opinion would say its Diamond Lights by Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle. I maintain that it is a piece of musical genius and future generations will compare it to Bach and Mozart.

Delusional!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The first singles I bought were all the early Rolling Stones singles: Satisfaction, It's all over now, get off of my cloud etc, which would probably be ok....

........ but I ventured in to serious uncool with the first album I bought - Freddie and the Dreamers with You Were Mad For Me. I regretted it as do on as I got home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The first singles I bought were all the early Rolling Stones singles: Satisfaction, It's all over now, get off of my cloud etc, which would probably be ok....

........ but I ventured in to serious uncool with the first album I bought - Freddie and the Dreamers with You Were Mad For Me. I regretted it as do on as I got home.

Was that the remix of You Were Made For Me? :wink:

I think we need to let the younger posters see just how uncool this single was (I loved it when it came out, but I was very young in my defence) :lolol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUfYWJT_Y8

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Was thT the remix of You Were Made For Me? :wink:

I don't think remixes had been invented then!

It was a standard album of 12 tracks or whatever, and I think "you were made for me" was one of them.

The album title cleverly ����dropped the "e" from made. Genius marketing, eh!!!!!!! The 11 or 12 year old me thought it was jolly clever, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here