Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pot noodle

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I haven't either. It wasn't a thing I even thought about until I was about 20 and someone said "What?! You've NEVER had a Pot Noodle?".

So from then on I decided that I never would. Especially as whenever I've been near anyone eating one it's smelled like shite.

Had some Malaysian instant noodles that a bird I knew brought over from there once mind. I like spicy food / hot chilli sauce etc but they were almost inedible. Hotter than the sun. I forced them down as I fancied her (I was 15).

Instant noodles hotter than a chilli source ? I can only presume you like mild chilli stuff then

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Instant noodles hotter than a chilli source ? I can only presume you like mild chilli stuff then
Honestly it was the hottest thing I've ever eaten. **** knows what they put in it but it was a luminous orange colour. Pure evil.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I add warmed up vodka.
Pour it in and flambé it.

Pot Noodles are very multi purpose and can be eaten at any location or event.
Flambé Brandy on Christmas Day.
Add Pimms when at Henly Regatta.
Add Champagne when at Royal Ascot.
Add Whiskey when visiting Scotchland.
Strawberry liquor at Wimbledon.
Add Harvey's before kick off at The Amex.
Truly an extremely versatile meal is your Pot Noodle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Honestly it was the hottest thing I've ever eaten. **** knows what they put in it but it was a luminous orange colour. Pure evil.

Perhaps you should go to a Morrisons and forget the Pot Noodles and buy their new Curry Volcanic Vindaloo apparently the hottest curry available in a UK supermarket and it is advised that people under 16 should not try it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I used to like the Beef & Tomato, but I had one recently and it seemed to have lost most of the ingredients :shrug:

Did it ever have any ingredients in it? I would add salt, pepper, mustard, chilli, or just about any kind of sauce to any variety of Pot Noodle, just to prevent it from being utterly tasteless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did it ever have any ingredients in it?
Well possibly not I guess. I consumed a lot of them in the past (from 30 years ago - I've got the watches to prove it :) - and the odd reminder over the years), so I thought I knew them. Had one the other day and it seemed plain.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Living out in the sticks, as l do, and only having the local Co-Op within walking distance, I fear l am seriously missing out Pot Noodle wise. The only varieties that they stock are Beef and Tomato and Chicken and Mushroom. So many more flavours available if l get on a bus and travel to the bright lights of Horsham and one of the big supermarkets. Maybe l should?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Living out in the sticks, as l do, and only having the local Co-Op within walking distance, I fear l am seriously missing out Pot Noodle wise. The only varieties that they stock are Beef and Tomato and Chicken and Mushroom. So many more flavours available if l get on a bus and travel to the bright lights of Horsham and one of the big supermarkets. Maybe l should?

You only really need the Chicken and Mushroom one. Seriously. Its the only one that is actually borderline edible, the other ones are just offensive.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Pot Noodle fact - this used to be the nickname given by The Sun in snooker to Chinese sensation Ding Junhui. The player himself liked it, apparently.

Then one day someone decided at another paper it was racist rather than funny. And then Rupert Murdoch married Chinese-born Wendi Deng, prompting already nervous and wavering editors to ban the nickname instantly from their pages, just in case they got sacked.

As far as I know, no snooker nicknames were changed when Murdoch married Jerry Hall.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Well as it got such a rave review I thought I would try the chicken n shroom flavour.

Just popped into the galley to knock one up (now now you smutty minded lot that's not what I meant) - and Meh :shrug:

Back to beef and tom for me. :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here