Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's talk about Palace

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Their boards are indeed a joy this morning. For every post slaughtering the ref (whom I thought had an excellent game, personally... *chortle*), there's another bemoaning how poor they were, how short their squad is on quality and how one-dimensional their tactics are. Oh, and that they weren't up for it in the same way we were.

Then you see comments like Mr Duviau's above. If he genuinely thinks that - that despite their squad being so supposedly superior to ours we managed to tank them with ten men for an hour, just how badly must they have played last night? And in all but one of their home league games this season?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Better owner
Better manager
Better recruitment team
Better financial control
Better CEO
Better training facilities
Better infrastructure
Better ‘other’ teams
Better Academy

Not afraid to embrace and promote the women's team...

I do, however, think last night's performance might be a bit knee-jerk. When I think back to some of the reactions on here after previous poor Albion performances (some goon commented to Andy Naylor on Twatter when they went 1-0 down to Hudds that it was relegation confirmed, FFS), there isn't a lot of difference. And yet last night they boys in blue and white put in a proper shift to get the job done.

Don't get me wrong, I though Palace in the second half I watched last night – couldn't pick a pass, had no plan, let alone a plan B and just looked devoid of confidence*– and they were woeful. But, as Brighton have proved many times, thing can change very quickly and – as has been pointed out – there are some very good players in their squad. All in all, I'm not too fussed about what happens to them, but I don't think they'll go down. Or finish about Brighton...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not afraid to embrace the women's team...

FlickeringImpracticalAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’ve scored 11 goals all season

We have scored 5 in our last 2

Apologies. It was meant to be tongue in cheek. I did explain later....if I keep saying it this will guarantee it will never happen . . . .

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sakho is the one I really cannot fathom. They paid somewhere in the region of thirty million quid for him. THIRTY MILLION QUID.

I don't think I have ever seen a professional footballer look so utterly uncomfortable with the simple act of passing a ball (and I watched us at Gillingham and Withdean). He is slow, lumbering, clumsy, has the turning circle of the Ark Royal, and a first touch worse than Danny Webb. Every time I've watched him play, he's been hideous. I find it staggering that Liverpool demanded- and got- any money at all for him. He looks like a pub player.

Tomkins also had a shocker last night, but I'm led to believe he's been quite good this season other than his hilarious display against us. Sakho is just abysmal. And as for that Sørloth they brought on: you have to applaud the agent who got THAT man a contract at a professional club. He looks about League Two standard.

Lovely, lovely stuff.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
In reply to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]:

Better stadium
Bigger stadium
Better attendances
Better league position
Better team
Better squad
We beat them with 11 and then we beat them with 10.

And in reply to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]:

Better owner
Better manager
Better recruitment team
Better financial control
Better CEO
Better training facilities
Better infrastructure
Better ‘other’ teams
Better Academy

If only they went with a 'no dickheads' policy eh?

:ffsparr: :D

Its about time there was some penny dropping among the wankpuffins. Some think its good they don't need any ticket sales to hit a profit. Some think they could do significant rebuilding with a Dibley sale, forgetting the reputed massive sell on to Manure. etcs

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Not me, but I'll happily talk about this.

Let's be clear, it's a long time coming but we are now officially better than them in every conceivable way.

Better stadium
Bigger stadium
Better attendances
Better league position
Better team
Better squad
We beat them with 11 and then we beat them with 10.

And on top of that, James Tomkins proved he's nowhere near Dunk's class, Zaha showed again why he was such a flop at his stab at a big club, their expensive signings (Sakho and Meyer in particular) are shit, and they have no strength in depth.

Hopefully they will spend the week squabbling on Twitter with that floppy haired tosser who runs the club and turning once again on those chimps who think they're "ultras".

...and better pies!

at least one brighton fan tried to share his with Zaha and his chums :D

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All this means nothing....... they have new cladding and we have done nothing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here