Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bohemian Rhapsody - Biopic movie.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I saw the film tonight with the Mrs and we both loved it. A remarkable performance by Rami Malik throughout.

The Live Aid bits are incredibly realistic, I got home and watched the the 20 minute Queen set and Malik has nailed Freddie's every mannerism.

Agree wholeheartedly. We too watched the 20 minute Queen set as soon as we get home, as probably did thousands of others! Also had to research Freddie on Wikipedia and played Queen songs all day yesterday. And I never was a huge fan.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Quite brilliant casting, particularly Brian May.
Very good job at re-creating Wembley and liveaid.
If you remember the era, their music videos etc will be another level of enjoyment as familiar scenes come back to life on screen, but don't need to have "been there" or a massive fan to enjoy this.
Recommended.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Quite brilliant casting, particularly Brian May.
Very good job at re-creating Wembley and liveaid.
If you remember the era, their music videos etc will be another level of enjoyment as familiar scenes come back to life on screen, but don't need to have "been there" or a massive fan to enjoy this.
Recommended.

I went this afternoon with Mrs Fisons and we both really enjoyed the whole thing but especially the music which is very well produced. I also found the way Freddie's story is told poignant and very well done especially with the help of some great supporting actors.Definitely recommended.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Me and the Mrs saw it this afternoon and both agreed it's probably our film of the year.
Remi Malek is amazing as Freddie and the rest of the group are perfectly cast. Some good humour, some very poignant lyrics and a fantastic Live Aid performance.
Like many others, we came home and watched Queen's Live Aid performance and Malek absolutely nailed Mercury's mannerisms.
Only thing that spoiled the film for me was dying for a pee for 3/4 of it, other than that I'd highly recommend it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not seen the film, but reviews imply it is crap, despite a reasonable impression of Mercury as a performer.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I'm the Production Manager onboard a cruise ship that has We Will Rock You on it, so their is a lot of excitement here from both the cast and the crew that work on the show. Sadly, time is limited when we can watch it, and it still isn't out in the states yet, but can't wait to see it.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm the Production Manager onboard a cruise ship that has We Will Rock You on it, so their is a lot of excitement here from both the cast and the crew that work on the show. Sadly, time is limited when we can watch it, and it still isn't out in the states yet, but can't wait to see it.

Now, We Will Rock You IS a crock of shit.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thought it was superb, the 2hrs 15mins flew by.

What odds can you get on Malek to win the Best Actor Oscar?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thought it was superb, the 2hrs 15mins flew by.

What odds can you get on Malek to win the Best Actor Oscar?
11 to 2. Already backed him

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have seen it twice and it is far better than anyone had a right to expect. The last 20 minutes in particular were glorious

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have seen it twice and it is far better than anyone had a right to expect. The last 20 minutes in particular were glorious

how does it stack up against the other musical juggernaut............obviously this one cleans up in europe with the other one cleaning up stateside.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
how does it stack up against the other musical juggernaut............obviously this one cleans up in europe with the other one cleaning up stateside.

They are both excellent imo. A star is born is brilliant as well and I thought it set a bar BR could not match. I was wrong. A Star is Born has smashed it all across the World, it has taken £ 20m here but I think BR will also do the same. It took £ 10m here alone on it's first weekend last week and will also be huge in the USA as they Loved Queen there and across the World. I think BR will end up taking more, maybe $ 400 m to a star is born's $ 350 m. Cooper is the hot favourite to pick up best actor oscar at 4/6 but I think Malek is a decent shout at 11/2. Gaga should walk away with the best actress Oscar for me at 11/10, one of the best debut performances ever. I Loved them both hugely

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
They are both excellent imo. A star is born is brilliant as well and I thought it set a bar BR could not match. I was wrong. A Star is Born has smashed it all across the World, it has taken £ 20m here but I think BR will also do the same. It took £ 10m here alone on it's first weekend last week and will also be huge in the USA as they Loved Queen there and across the World. I think BR will end up taking more, maybe $ 400 m to a star is born's $ 350 m. Cooper is the hot favourite to pick up best actor oscar at 4/6 but I think Malek is a decent shout at 11/2. Gaga should walk away with the best actress Oscar for me at 11/10, one of the best debut performances ever. I Loved them both hugely

Great , will go and see BR this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here