Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mirror: Pulis poised for Brighton

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We would be promoted next season under Pulis and so far the so could pretty football has won us jack in the championship, go for it TB if true you deserve to get a large chunk of your investment back.

albionite

May 20, 2009
This is a difficult one. Always hated the way Pulis had Stoke playing (no idea how he had the Nigel's playing).

If you asked me this in the summer I would say I want him no where near my club, but after the Finn why the hell not.

As an added bonus it would piss off the scumers, doubt it's going to happen anyway just the mirror having a stab in the dark.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Billy Davies is surely a no hoper. If Bloom was annoyed about GP banging on about a ceiling then god knows what he'll think of BD constantly bleating about spending a little more to ensure promotion!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know of the following are true (from that article):

A) The training at 5pm thing?!
B) The 'heated exchange' with Barber & Burke

!??! Not seen either mentioned on here?!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 23.36.35.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 23.36.35.png
    89 KB · Views: 1,101

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No quotes or anything.

Near his Dorset home ? 2 hour drive.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
That's already been undone where have you been for the last 18 months,All the good recruitment from previous seasons has well an truly gone.

There has been substantial work completed in the youth teams about playing a specific way with outlined objectives which will make their progression into the first team a smoother transition. If a new first team manager changes that, all of that work becomes largely redundant. If we are going to persist with adhering to FFP (nothing I've seen has suggested otherwise) then some money MAY have to be taken from other areas of the club (perhaps including the expanded scope with which we now look for youth players) to account the the potential increase in a playing budget. Don't forget that Pulis was pretty much free spending at Stoke. One of the highest net spends in the premier for a rather dour product. He paid fortunes for players who never really played at all (Palacios, Owen was on a fortune etc). I'd imagine he'd want to sign players he knows about which will mean they'll presumably be British which usually means they'll be expensive.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah because playing tippy tappy shit has got us in the premier league

And Rome was built in a day? A style of football though the club (something the club had under Gus and Oscar) and bringing through the youth will have a better and longer effect than promotion at all costs and an ugly style of play.
Also I would defiantly say we were from shit under both out previous managers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every manager has players he has taken to a new club with him, who is Tony Pulis man. If it should happen which I doubt, who would be his first signing.

Last edited:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
"Heated exchange"? Doubt it. FWIW I don't think Pulis would want the job. Nor would he be suited to it. I feel he'd undo much of the work that was set-up by Poyet & co and it'd prove counter productive in the long term in regards to the academy etc.
This

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone know of the following are true (from that article):

A) The training at 5pm thing?!
B) The 'heated exchange' with Barber & Burke

Exactly mate. Where did come from.

Oh and I'll see you soon. I'm boycotting this rubbish at the moment :) I'm not paying the £20 train fair. I'm all up for supporting the the team but not the corporate heads in the sand everything is ok nonsense.

Quite happy to watch Brighton lose, but not when nothing is being done about it. This isn't Withdean under Dick, it's supposedly a modern well run football club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly mate. Where did come from.

Oh and I'll see you soon. I'm boycotting this rubbish at the moment :) I'm not paying the £20 train fair. I'm all up for supporting the the team but not the corporate heads in the sand everything is ok nonsense.

Quite happy to watch Brighton lose, but not when nothing is being done about it. This isn't Withdean under Dick, it's supposedly a modern well run football club.

Ive actually missed 3 of the last 4 mate myself for various reasons that have come up. Altho looks like I've saved myself more frustration! See you soon bro :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems difficult to believe. Pulls has been unlucky in that there hasn't been a single Premier League managerial change yet this season. He'd have a very good chance of getting almost any job outside the top 6, and given his miraculous stint with Palace, any club fearing relegation would have him on top of their list.

As such, a job at the wrong end of the Championship seems an unlikely choice for him.

He wouldn't come cheap. If we did manage to get him, it would be a very clear indication of how seriously Bloom views the threat of relegation.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm not actually that shocked by this news.
What is the clueless cock's next move I wonder ???

As the players are having trouble passing the ball, they are going to play practice matches without one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here