Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renato Neto: Deal OFF after fails medical

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Probably they were aware.

Perhaps it was a "before we go up to £15 million on Delaney let's just see if Neto is as injured as we suspect" situation.

We really don't know the strategy, and how much this was a roll of the dice.

I doubt that based on an interview with Delaney which somebody posted on here. The horse has bolted on that one unfortunately.

Maybe it's just me managing expectations, as I do rate the player very highly and don't want to get any hopes up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No, he just can't write quickly enough, or he's ****ed-off to the bar to check on his beloved Stoke's progress...

It's simply a function of the way running reports are written in all papers. If you see early editions, they are written in three chunks - a first half or first hour depending on deadlines, then a top and tail. Edition times and/or page deadlines usually mean that isn't time to send a midweek report in one hit. Reporters tend to overwrite the first part just in case nothing much happens in the final 30 minutes.

Most national dailies send their first football edition around 10pm, and the reporter then has about another hour and a half (45 minutes in the case of the Daily Star) to do a rewrite with quotes, or a separate quotes piece, once the managers have spoken. Most local papers probably only have a single sub-editor on the late shift so won't have time for a match report rewrite and will use the separate quotes piece on the back page. So Andy Naylor is only doing what is possible within the constraints of the Arsegas"s limited resources.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is no justification for it. He is a tw@t...

No, he just can't write quickly enough, or he's ****ed-off to the bar to check on his beloved Stoke's progress...

Not that you're trying to prove a point; being abusive - and wrong - and never expecting anyone to never bite back on it...?

He gets more grief for doing his job than you do. And he gets more grief than he ever gives back. Put it this way, if he called you several kinds of ********, purely on the back of what you've just written there (i.e. the abusive name-calling, the inference that he excessively drinks, or doesn't do his job properly), it would be richly deserved.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not that you're trying to prove a point; being abusive - and wrong - and never expecting anyone to never bite back on it...?

He gets more grief for doing his job than you do. And he gets more grief than he ever gives back. Put it this way, if he called you several kinds of ********, purely on the back of what you've just written there (i.e. the abusive name-calling, the inference that he excessively drinks, or doesn't do his job properly), it would be richly deserved.

Give it a rest.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What - calling someone out for being abusive? Not a chance.

They know they're being abusive, what are you calling out? Are you hoping to change something? He will continue be abused ad infinitum for what he has called incorrectly in the past (as most journalists are) and for his condescending demeanour.

I would like to click on a thread about a player and not have to read a load of shit about Andy Naylor.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They know they're being abusive, what are you calling out? Are you hoping to change something? He will continue be abused ad infinitum for what he has called incorrectly in the past (as most journalists are) and for his condescending demeanour.

I would like to click on a thread about a player and not have to read a load of shit about Andy Naylor.

So it's ok for fans to be abusive? You are adding to the posts about Andy Naylor, & he gets a lot more right, than wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

He's a football writer, in some cases offering an opinion - yet he gets the same dose of grief as a politician who wishes to split up families or make hardship worse for many. "He will continue be abused ad infinitum for what he has called incorrectly in the past..." - and you have no desire to challenge that? Yes, I would like something to change. I'd like people to get a better sense of perspective.

Being called a 'tw@t' because a story goes awry, or accusing him of being more interested in drinking than working is pretty low.

Considering some the BS he gets on here, him being 'condescending' - if he is even that - would be a mild reaction to what some of the abusers really deserve.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

He does not type during a live match, he is on the phone to a typist who inputs and then relays his updates to the subs, if you have ever seen Naylor type, you would understand why he dictates a lot of his reports and stories.

Reporters do not decide what goes in the pages, that is the sub editors who will butcher reporters work without mercy.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Andy Naylor , without a doubt, knows more about what goes on behind the scenes at this club than nearly every member of NSC. The fact is that some of the angry little people cant handle that a Stoke fan is closer to the Albion than they could ever dream of being.. A journalist is only ever as good as his contacts and I'm sure his are pretty good.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can't see it, we have moved on i reckon.

I think so too, I suppose we could take him on a years loan with view to a permanent deal at a lower price next season depending on fitness, league etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here