Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is why I LOVE football

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
A mention above for the " mighty" Leeds when they actually were mighty.

Does any of our older members remember the Leeds vs Southampton game where Leeds won 7-0 and was one of the most perfect game ever played by a football team and a total demolition of what was a pretty decent team at the time.

There is a section of the game, I think it is on YouTube, where Giles, bremner, lori met etc al absolutely took the piss out of saints and were sublimely flicking the ball to eachother and the Southampton players couldn't get anywhere near the ball.

Probably the best 90 minutes of football I ever have ever attended ( my dad took me )
Yes, I remember that game well. Their games immediately before and after that one were won 3-0 and 5-1 if I remember correctly. The 5-1 game may have been against ManU.That passing sequence you mention was upwards of 30 passes (I defo remember the fans counting up to 27 ole's) with Bremner and Giles pinging the ball from one side of the pitch to the other time after time. They were truly sublime for a few weeks that season.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yes, I remember that game well. Their games immediately before and after that one were won 3-0 and 5-1 if I remember correctly. The 5-1 game may have been against ManU.That passing sequence you mention was upwards of 30 passes (I defo remember the fans counting up to 27 ole's) with Bremner and Giles pinging the ball from one side of the pitch to the other time after time. They were truly sublime for a few weeks that season.

Have to balance this a bit by saying that they were in many ways an outright disgrace of a side: dirty, arrogant and managed by a borderline nutcase. Mind you, they could play a bit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some of the football on display in that video is ****ing hilarious.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Swansea's Vetch Field. Now that was a scary place, especially with the prison nearby. You could feel the history and the menacing tension caused by the Jacks.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Swansea's Vetch Field. Now that was a scary place, especially with the prison nearby. You could feel the history and the menacing tension caused by the Jacks.

I remember going vetch field one year. First game of season. In the first half all their lot from the left stormed onto the pitch and climbed up our away end cage and i think got greeted with a few brighton defending our side of the fence!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pissed again.
Watching this again.

Best bloody Youtube thing football thing

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I bloody LOVE this video (apart from 2.05)
The music...the action. If you don't smile when you watch this, then you don't like football, and a part of your soul is dead inside.

[yt]WCm3bS6wXvk[/yt]

Elton John seems to be enjoying a day out with his Mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here