Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Another DESPICABLE Tory SURFACES

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How long till this idiot gets the boot ???

Assume you mean Labour MP Jared o Mara ... very good question.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...resign-sexist-homophobic-online-a8016161.html

https://order-order.com/2017/10/23/vile-homophobic-slurs-jared-omara/

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-were-so-easy-to-forgive-jared-omara-his-sins

Do you think the homophobic*, sexist*, racist* Labour MP should get the boot/resign???

* as defined by the left wing lynch mobs

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Irrelevant

GDP, GNP net GDP and net GNP are measures you do measure in isolation or to be more exact the change in those measures over time.

You need to quote sources for those claims, for starters the biggest increase in female employment came in the 80s with the growth in the service sector, Economics isn't your strong point is it?

If the ‘schools’ (emphasis on the plural) are irrelevant why bring them up in the first place? ??? I didn’t say female employment (reading isn’t your strong point is it?) I said gender pay gap, something which has stalled under the Conservatives. They’re still making some progress (I’m not arrogant enough to claim otherwise), but it’s being reduced at a slower rate than under Labour.

And regarding GDP, although it is a good starting point, by it’s nature it doesn’t show us the ‘full picture’. And, as previously stated, It’s fair to say that GDP has been generally better under Labour.

And if you want sources I’m happy to oblige. Of course, as long as you are also willing to provide sources for your facts also.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Even The Daily Mail are reporting this now - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289275/Ben-Bradley-said-cops-play-splat-chav-riots.html

I'm sure all the youth 'chavs' and 'unemployed wasters' will be flocking to vote Tory like lemmings with such a cool dude as Benjamin in charge of it all for The Tories.

I expect we will get another Toby Young scenario where the cabinet and their FLUNKIES spend all weekend on TV defending him before he quits early next week

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I expect we will get another Toby Young scenario where the cabinet and their FLUNKIES spend all weekend on TV defending him before he quits early next week

Fair enough.. you won't condemn racism, homophobia, sexism if it's from a pro-Corbyn MP/fan. What about antisemitism/lying/abusing a disabled MP?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...semitism-labour-ranks-momentum-leader-admits/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/feb/08/charity-anger-mps-paul-maynard-disability

Other class warrior/corbynistas pretending they aren't reading my posts can also chip in.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough.. you won't condemn racism, homophobia, sexism if it's from a pro-Corbyn MP/fan. What about antisemitism/lying/abusing a disabled MP?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...semitism-labour-ranks-momentum-leader-admits/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/feb/08/charity-anger-mps-paul-maynard-disability

Other class warrior/corbynistas pretending they aren't reading my posts can also chip in.

"Whataboutism" neither makes the OP's points wrong nor makes him a hypocrite if that's what you're suggesting. There are plenty ready to flag up the sins of the left. Ernest's job is to flag up the rest. :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
"Whataboutism" neither makes the OP's points wrong nor makes him a hypocrite if that's what you're suggesting. There are plenty ready to flag up the sins of the left. Ernest's job is to flag up the rest. :shrug:

Maybe ERenst can do one of his famous naked abseils from the top of WSU with his flag stuffed up his Arsenal in protest

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh dear, not part of society then ? so you won't benefit by a properly funded NHS ? do you have children currently at school ? would you like your children to have a better education than you ? As for shit pay and pensions, don't expect this to change under the current regime.

My workplace pension was reluctantly put in place by my employer after legally deferring it for as long as possible and then contributing the legal minimum they can. I'm ten years from retirement and I'm matching my employers contribution and my projected pension upon retirement ..... £356 a YEAR ! So currently we have an economy where benefits and food banks support the working poor across huge swathes of the country, are the Tories suddenly going to change this ? so, what's the alternative and where is it going to come from ?

Just stopping you for a second. So your employer is fulfilling his legal requirements huh? Is that a bad thing?

Oh, and could you please explain exactly on what moral grounds you base the assumption that somebody else should have to fund your later years?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Ernest introduced Jared o Mara to the topic. It's a statement of fact that the OP is a partisan hypocrite :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just stopping you for a second. So your employer is fulfilling his legal requirements huh? Is that a bad thing?

Oh, and could you please explain exactly on what moral grounds you base the assumption that somebody else should have to fund your later years?

It's a Labour thing. Something for nothing and just ride roughshod over all those who dared to work hard and improve themselves from humble beginnings.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure what schools you went to but that's complete bollocks,

The rate of inflation in the 20s was after the Barber boom of 1973 when Barber, the Tory chancellor, made a complete pig's ear of the Budget and caused a massive inflation spike (although to be fair, the oil price quadrupling didn't help). When Wilson came into power, the inflation rate was 16% and rising (it hit 24% shortly after).

It was Jim Callaghan who agreed a wage freeze with the public sector unions that started bringing inflation down - it was down to 8% by 1978. By then, however, the public sector unions had had enough of belt-tightening and looked to increase wages. Far from giving into them, Callaghan stood firm - hence the wave of strikes and the Winter of Discontent.

And yes, we did go to the IMF but that was an action that economist Thomas Balogh was warned would happen in December 1974 when he looked into the state of Britain's finances. He said that unless inflation was curbed, the country would be forced to go to the IMF for a loan - which is what happened. So, yes, it happened under Labour's watch and it could be argued that Healey should have taken more drastic action sooner, but the seeds for economic collapse had been sewn by Barber, four years earlier.

The Oil price played the majority effect in the Inflation boom the, the problem was trying to limit it using Keynsian economics like price controlls, although you are correct about callahagn he agreed above inflation payrises in advance for the next government which exasperated the early 80s recession I think you are really pushing your luck blaming the winter of discontent on Barber, after all it was strike happy Unions that Ushered in the winter and lead to Thatcherite reforms in the 80s.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If the ‘schools’ (emphasis on the plural) are irrelevant why bring them up in the first place? ??? I didn’t say female employment (reading isn’t your strong point is it?) I said gender pay gap, something which has stalled under the Conservatives. They’re still making some progress (I’m not arrogant enough to claim otherwise), but it’s being reduced at a slower rate than under Labour.

And regarding GDP, although it is a good starting point, by it’s nature it doesn’t show us the ‘full picture’. And, as previously stated, It’s fair to say that GDP has been generally better under Labour.

And if you want sources I’m happy to oblige. Of course, as long as you are also willing to provide sources for your facts also.

Gender Pay gap is a myth, its a fraction of 9% which has multiple factors and has no policy prescription. With Labour suffering inflation net GDP would be a better measure. I find your arguments, sloppy, incoherent and superficial. Im guessing your economics is limited to GCSE and your about 17 or 18.

Heres a good debate on the pay gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Gender Pay gap is a myth, its a fraction of 9% which has multiple factors and has no policy prescription. With Labour suffering inflation net GDP would be a better measure. I find your arguments, sloppy, incoherent and superficial. Im guessing your economics is limited to GCSE and your about 17 or 18.

Heres a good debate on the pay gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

Nice deflection on ALL the points I’ve made. I suppose when your argument is falling apart it’s easiest to ignore everything and just hurl verbal diarrhoea at your opponent in an attempt to try and make yourself feel superior. Your argument obviously lacks evidence as, if it was the case, surely you’d be providing ample evidence to support your claim. As you have not, perhaps it’s fair to assume that credible evidence doesn’t exist or that you’re too arrogant to provide any, believing that I should simply accept your word for it, being the ‘student’ of several ‘economic schools’. And, for what it’s worth, I’m 28. Good bit of patronising though. Really helps sensible and rational debate flow :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nice deflection on ALL the points I’ve made.

Examples? Such as?

I suppose when your argument is falling apart it’s easiest to ignore everything and just hurl verbal diarrhoea at your opponent in an attempt to try and make yourself feel superior.

Examples? Such as?

Your argument obviously lacks evidence as, if it was the case, surely you’d be providing ample evidence to support your claim.

Examples? Such as?(btw I posted a utube link didn't it show?)

As you have not, perhaps it’s fair to assume that credible evidence doesn’t exist or that you’re too arrogant to provide any,

Originally You jumped in claiming low growth was a myth, the onus would be on you to provide evidence, all you came up with was a letter signed by 100 plus economists. This is called the appeal to authority fallacy.

being the ‘student’ of several ‘economic schools’. And, for what it’s worth, I’m 28. Good bit of patronising though. Really helps sensible and rational debate flow :thumbsup:

See this is why I shut you down on that one, you are just looking for ammunition to throw, playing the player not the ball. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies, the one I pointed out and your last ad hominem one. Also you project, so how faR have you got in the study of economics? Try and convince me I am not arguing with and idiot.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Examples? Such as?

Examples? Such as?

Examples? Such as?(btw I posted a utube link didn't it show?)

Originally You jumped in claiming low growth was a myth, the onus would be on you to provide evidence, all you came up with was a letter signed by 100 plus economists. This is called the appeal to authority fallacy.

See this is why I shut you down on that one, you are just looking for ammunition to throw, playing the player not the ball. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies, the one I pointed out and your last ad hominem one. Also you project, so how faR have you got in the study of economics? Try and convince me I am not arguing with and idiot.

And I’m not arguing with an arrogant, patronising tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here