Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No to modern football!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't mind the way football is going but the gap in the haves and havenots in football is getting wider.
Loads of the money is being taken out the game by agents if we don't look after the base of the pyramid the top will eventually collapse. Then our beautiful game will be ruined. It's the thousands of small clubs we should be putting some of the TV Money into.

I don't mind the way football is going but the gap in the haves and havenots in football is getting wider.
Loads of the money is being taken out the game by agents if we don't look after the base of the pyramid the top will eventually collapse. Then our beautiful game will be ruined. It's the thousands of small clubs we should be putting some of the TV Money into.

The startling thing is Bradford can knock out a season tickets at £149 and probably break even while our tickets are £600+ and we have been losing £10 million a year! Can you see the problem? If Bradford wanted to compete in this league they would have to over spend as well,choice break even and don't compete or go millions in debt and hope you can scramble into the sky league. Is this right? Similar to the migrant issue if the incredible rewards are out there people will take outrageous risks to get to them.:moo:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I better come back on this with a little report.

We all know we could talk football all night, and then some, and that was the big drawback here. We had an interesting talk from the Prof, a young bearded guy, born in Plymouth but now here & following Whitehawk. We touched on football, politics, types on fans in Europe, foreign owners, money....

That was timed for 30 mins then we had 30 mins questions etc. Lively but friendly discussion, I sang the praises of The Amex and how away fans are free to mingle because policing had been a big issue in the past.

Anyway, off to watch England now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here