Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That unknown who played for Bayer Leverkusen, and in his first season finished runners up in the Bundesliga, and Champions League knocking out Arsenal Liverpool and Utd along the way.

Tottenham Hotspur reached an agreement with Bayer Leverkusen for Berbatov's transfer in May 2006, the fee of €16 million (£10.9 million) made him the most expensive Bulgarian footballer ever.

#NeverWrong.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope he has a similar impact as Nadia Comeneci, lots of perfect 10's.

I know, she's Romanian so it doesn't quite work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's hope he has a similar impact as Nadia Comeneci, lots of perfect 10's.

I know, she's Romanian so it doesn't quite work.
You no longer have to make sense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That unknown who played for Bayer Leverkusen, and in his first season finished runners up in the Bundesliga, and Champions League knocking out Arsenal Liverpool and Utd along the way.

Tottenham Hotspur reached an agreement with Bayer Leverkusen for Berbatov's transfer in May 2006, the fee of €16 million (£10.9 million) made him the most expensive Bulgarian footballer ever.

#NeverWrong.
He was unknopwn when he went to Bayer Lev erkusen and the transfer to Spurs In relative terms was cheap. Being the most expensive player from Bulgaria is totally immaterial.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Let’s hope he has as big an impact as Yuri Gellar, I know he bent Spoons so it doesn’t quite work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Let’s hope he has as big an impact as his fellow Eastern European, Vladimir Lenin. I know that he was Russian and played the revolutionary left back role and Andone is Romanian.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phew. Lot of cash for a virtual unknown [emoji23][emoji23]

I think you'll find the 3rd biggest transfer that season is looked upon as being cheap by all the experts.

#NeverWrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps something that can be copied and pasted will help:-

Blimey I got that wrong, sorry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s fine as long as those involved have mastered copy and paste........

He's probably just biding his time, after all this thread will disappear soon, won't it?
None of us will constantly be reminded of his expert analysis.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We had an Eastern European once, didn't we? Gotsmanov.

Oh, and Kishishev.

No one had ever heard of them.

And they were quite good.

So, Andone could be OK.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpNDVP6vxV4

Looks strong and lively with pace and guile. Looks a great buy for me. Some lovely goals there.

Just looked at his showreel and am officially excited, great running, direct and his ability to disguise his finishing is a joy to watch and if he can continue playing like that for us we have a very capable young-ish replacement for the wonderful Glenn Murray when time catches up with him but hopefully this will extend his career with us as he won't be our only true scoring striker anymore and consequently we won't have to burn him out as we've had to depend so heavily on him. Very well done to all involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I didnt think that Tottenham paid so much for Berbatov and as I only take an interest in proper football not FIFA 2009 or whatever it was I wouldnt have had much knowledge of him but there you go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here