Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
27/06/16 - Do you not remember the immediate aftermath and climate post referendum?

Not that they do now, but nobody in power had a clue what to do next back then. A 2nd referendum, a general election were being talked about. David Cameron had gone. A Tory Party leadership contest was about to take place. The possibility of Andrea Leadsom becoming PM once the vote went to the blue rinse set was a real possibility. The Brexiteers in The Tory Party were saying we had to get on with it, despite not having a clue what we were getting on with. Jeremy Corbyn was saying we had to get on with it too. Nobody knew when Article 50 was going to be invoked, if at all, as Cameron ran away the day after rather than invoke it like he said he would if we voted 'leave'. So for someone to say The Lib Dems could 'hoover up' seats in marginals in an election at that point was not a particularly laughable thing to say then.

Perhaps you can remember later in 2016 as it's nearer to now, when Zac Goldsmith threw his toys out the pram in a marginal seat the Tories shared with the The Lib Dems and the Richmond Park by-election took place.............and Sarah Olney 'hoovered it up' for The Lib Dems.

I appreciate you're point scoring, but I think that statement on 27/06/16 was a pretty valid one then.

Yeah funny that, it never once crossed my mind or the electorates mind come to that, that the ''Lib Dems would hoover up'', you're just too clever for your own good ......:lol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yeah funny that, it never once crossed my mind or the electorates mind come to that, that the ''Lib Dems would hoover up'', you're just too clever for your own good ......:lol:

Ultimately it didn't in 2016, other than those in Richmond Park, so it's all rather irrelevant now. My point on the climate and aftermath post referendum in June 2016 stands though.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
We are running out of time to come up with a workable solution to continued trade with our largest trading partners....no-solution = ?

More likely time is running out for the EU to get the deal they want. Us in the customs union but with no say. The Hokey Cokey solution. You know one leg in one leg out.
No thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What strange thing to bring up. Is it a feeble effort to deflect from your lack of intellect, poor articulation and low quality literacy?

Sorry if that made your brain hurt, I'll reply in a way you might understand:

It was there own fault in the end BigGully. I should of known you'd of brung up this old chestnut.

And let’s not forget his woeful and absolute inability to comprehend the most simple of statements. Remember [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s comment about how some schools were considering 4 day weeks which he read as imminent? Even after his error was pointed out, repeatedly and in the most simplest of ways, he still read it incorrectly and misinterpreted it and argued the toss.

Oh, then there’s the Guy Butter debate where he knew more about the dressing room than our centre half did....and repeatedly argue that as well :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
More likely time is running out for the EU to get the deal they want. Us in the customs union but with no say. The Hokey Cokey solution. You know one leg in one leg out.
No thanks.

Of course, obviously, the EU will fold when we leave.:shootself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No thanks.

But that was what you voted for :facepalm:

As long as we're out the EU who cares about the details - remember?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No thanks.
Please tell us you're not STILL labouring under this assertion that the EU need a good deal more than we do? PLEASE?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And let’s not forget his woeful and absolute inability to comprehend the most simple of statements. Remember [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s comment about how some schools were considering 4 day weeks which he read as imminent? Even after his error was pointed out, repeatedly and in the most simplest of ways, he still read it incorrectly and misinterpreted it and argued the toss.

Oh, then there’s the Guy Butter debate where he knew more about the dressing room than our centre half did....and repeatedly argue that as well :lolol:

As an add on HT, he absolutely denied there was any funding crisis in education whatsoever despite the Worth Less campaign from a united group of some 5,000 schools, last week Mrs. V's head teacher implied strongly that her school was to enter a " Consultation " as to staff levels. i.e teachers losing their jobs.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Please tell us you're not STILL labouring under this assertion that the EU need a good deal more than we do? PLEASE?

Dear God man. What are you going on about? Perhaps I should've said as long as the EU get the deal that will keep us tied to them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here