Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we get promoted with Bong at LB? (merged)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would play a 5 man midfield with 1 striker in away games. Or rather 4 with AK just in front to roam between the midfield and Striker wherever he is needed and finds himself.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
2 additional points.

His superb pass to Baldock helped set up the 2nd goal.

His scything tackle for which he was booked looked inside the area to me - was directly in line with the 18 yard box sideline so had a perfect view. Can't believe this hasn't been made more of.

Overall, he did look weak defensively, but Skalak didn't help him much.

PG

Indeed, nailed on penalty as was right in line and 2 yards inside. Was surprised Reading did not go more mental.

I think the jury's out on Bong but I know the solution isn't as simple as sticking Kaz in front of him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No we can't. We'll get relegated, end up in the Ryman by 2020 and it'll be our left back problem as highlighted very early on by Ben's Grandad. We're doooomed!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
He certainly looked a bit weak yesterday. But as others have said, one bad game does not make him a bad player.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Bong was poor yesterday probably his worst game for us, but he is definitely first choice left back in our current situation, Mcleary had him in his pocket all through the game, however, I was sitting behind the goal ad noticed on regular occasions that, as good as Bruno is, he is no centre back, so really, the whole defence has an unbalanced look at the moment, Reading just happen to be the first team to really expose it.
In my opinion, everything will take on a much tidier look once we actually have four defenders playing in their correct positions, by the way I thought Dunk was very good yesterday, I'm just a little surprised not to at least see Ben Hall on the bench, but then, what do I know

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bong was poor yesterday probably his worst game for us, but he is definitely first choice left back in our current situation, Mcleary had him in his pocket all through the game, however, I was sitting behind the goal ad noticed on regular occasions that, as good as Bruno is, he is no centre back, so really, the whole defence has an unbalanced look at the moment, Reading just happen to be the first team to really expose it.
In my opinion, everything will take on a much tidier look once we actually have four defenders playing in their correct positions, by the way I thought Dunk was very good yesterday, I'm just a little surprised not to at least see Ben Hall on the bench, but then, what do I know

For me the big problem with Bruno, and he has stepped in well, is that he plays at CB as a full back letting the ball bounce and then dribble it out as opposed to Dunk who gives the ball some welly and usually before it hits the
ground. I think that Gayle could exploit Bruno letting the ball bounce.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
For me the big problem with Bruno, and he has stepped in well, is that he plays at CB as a full back letting the ball bounce and then dribble it out as opposed to Dunk who gives the ball some welly and usually before it hits the
ground. I think that Gayle could exploit Bruno letting the ball bounce.

I completely concur BG

el punal

Here we go again! This time last year Bong and LuaLua were on fire, Solly March was considered lightweight, Lewis Dunk was considered a traitor (in some quarters). You can't really judge the team or individual players this early in the season. We've had a good start, but some people are getting ahead of themselves and think that an away draw at Reading is a poor result. It's not.

The time to analyse how the team are faring will be early October. By then we will have played eleven games, just about a quarter of the season done. I reckon, by and large, we will then get a good idea of which teams are going to be in the promotion mix and those that will struggle at the bottom.

As an indicator, the division's top seven teams on 3rd October 2015 contained ourselves, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Hull. In the bottom four were Bolton and MK Dons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How near is BONG to fitness as I note that it was reported Pocognoli was struggling with a groin strain for the latter part of the game? Mind you I prefer Bong of the two but not by any great margin.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How near is BONG to fitness as I note that it was reported Pocognoli was struggling with a groin strain for the latter part of the game? Mind you I prefer Bong of the two but not by any great margin.

From the wording on the official site, it sounds like Rosenior might be back sooner. There's no mention of Bong being back soon so hope Pocognoli is okay.

As for the two, Bong of early last season is pretty much the same as Pocognoli. However, the way Pocognoli has played recently and Bong started the season, I would prefer Pocognoli in the team.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
From the wording on the official site, it sounds like Rosenior might be back sooner. There's no mention of Bong being back soon so hope Pocognoli is okay.

As for the two, Bong of early last season is pretty much the same as Pocognoli. However, the way Pocognoli has played recently and Bong started the season, I would prefer Pocognoli in the team.

Pocognoli won extra points from me yesterday for his tasty wedgee and body slam combo. #darkarts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here