Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got to love NSC. Almost 50% of people saw villa as our biggest rivals for second as they had put the best run together at the time of this poll. How many voted for Huddersfield? None!!

Now everybody is shitting themselves over Huddersfield because they've put a good run together!

Fair enough, were starting to reach the business end of the season, so a team in a good run of form who are only 4 adrift of us is more of a threat to us than Villa ever were. However. A few weeks ago everyone was shitting themselves over the form of Leeds and Reading before they both had a couple of bad results.

My prediction is that our form will pick back up, Huddersfield's will fall off and everyone will wonder what we were all so worried about! At least I hope I'm right!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Got to love NSC. Almost 50% of people saw villa as our biggest rivals for second as they had put the best run together at the time of this poll. How many voted for Huddersfield? None!!

Now everybody is shitting themselves over Huddersfield because they've put a good run together!

Fair enough, were starting to reach the business end of the season, so a team in a good run of form who are only 4 adrift of us is more of a threat to us than Villa ever were. However. A few weeks ago everyone was shitting themselves over the form of Leeds and Reading before they both had a couple of bad results.

My prediction is that our form will pick back up, Huddersfield's will fall off and everyone will wonder what we were all so worried about! At least I hope I'm right!!

Hudds have got some difficult fixtures coming up (but then so have we...). Hoping the FA Cup tie v Man City will prove a distraction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another vote for all of the above. Anything can happen, injuries suspensions, transfers, change of managers.

I didn't because there wasn't a multiple choice option. I did say all of the above.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
With the form Huddersfield have been showing the biggest threat to second spot might be Newcastle! I actually think Newcastle are there for the taking, especially if we can beat them at the Amex. Regardless, next three games are pretty massive and could define the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Huddersfield 0 votes.
Villa 131 votes.

:lol:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
How times change in just a few weeks.

Yep, It's why I never voted on this, seemed to be tempting fate a bit, this could go to the wire with three or more teams on plus 92 points. I'm hoping it will all be clear by the time we play our last home game against Bristol City but knowing the Albion we'll go to villa needing something. :eek:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this could go to the wire with three or more teams on plus 92 points
Annoyingly true.
I'm hoping it will all be clear by the time we play our last home game against Bristol City but knowing the Albion we'll go to villa needing something. :eek:
I'd be surprised if we don't.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Massive to be the next 'biggest threat'.

They've been playing all the out of form teams recently (and winning) but their fixtures will get tougher. Their 3 'Yorkshire Away' games will be be ideal opportunists for them to drop points.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Villa are shithouse and even Bruce can't seem to stop the rot. I (and others) said before the start of the season that they would be more likely to be flirting with relegation than promotion, and so it is.

Having said that, I voted for Derby as I couldn't see Huddersfield or Tinpot Reading keeping up their early season form so what do I know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having said that, I voted for Derby as I couldn't see Huddersfield or Tinpot Reading keeping up their early season form so what do I know.
Given that no one (which incredible) said Huddersfield, none of us can pretend to be wise here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which bit's confusing you? I don't agree that Newcastle are favourites.
They don't have to be.

See the opening post: "So as well as Newcastle, who do you currently consider our biggest threat for a top two place this season?"

If we're going to finish outside the top two, it's going to take at least two clubs to stop us. It's not possible to set up a poll where we each get 2 votes, so I had to make it one vote and remove the waste of many for Newcastle. And so far, it looks like I was right.

So which two clubs do you think are the biggest threat to stop Brighton getting automatic promotion? Are you seriously saying Newcastle aren't one of them?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They don't have to be.

See the opening post: "So as well as Newcastle, who do you currently consider our biggest threat for a top two place this season?"

If we're going to finish outside the top two, it's going to take at least two clubs to stop us. It's not possible to set up a poll where we each get 2 votes, so I had to make it one vote and remove the waste of many for Newcastle. And so far, it looks like I was right.

So which two clubs do you think are the biggest threat to stop Brighton getting automatic promotion? Are you seriously saying Newcastle aren't one of them?

Oh FINE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here