Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, they would say that, wouldn't they. I expect their profits will still be very good though.........................

That is what being in business is about, making profit. For the UK arm to continue to do this they have had to increase their retail prices because they are having to pay more to buy the product from the US. Comprende now? The Brexit vote is done and dusted, I am just ensuring that those who wanted it realise what they have started.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Prices of Microsoft Surface Pro to rise between £150 and £400 which Microsoft blames fair and square on the weakness of the pound since Brexit.

Oh,I'd better cancel my order then.:lol::rolleyes:.I must admit I don't know anybody who wants one and really couldn't care less.People who can afford one won't notice the difference anyway.Non story :fishing:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh,I'd better cancel my order then.:lol::rolleyes:.I must admit I don't know anybody who wants one and really couldn't care less.People who can afford one won't notice the difference anyway.Non story :fishing:

You carry on blindly ignoring the truth :thumbsup:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I'm looking forward to seeing all that extra money going into the Health Service we were promised at Brexit.

Because I've just returned from Spain where my wife had severe abdominal pain. Took her to the local health centre and saw an English speaking doctor within twenty minutes.

Doctor referred her to the local hospital where within three hours, she saw an English speaking consultant, had an Ultrasound scan, an x-ray and full spectrum blood tests. Consultant spoke to her with all results to hand and diagnosed Diverticulitis, then gave her a prescription for antibiotics. These cost 8 Euros and, with her EHIC card were the only thing she had to pay for.

Consultant recommended she contact her own doctor on return to check things out.

I knew we were home when we arrived at Gatwick, the trains were late and/or cancelled and there were no appointments available with her own doctor for two weeks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm looking forward to seeing all that extra money going into the Health Service we were promised at Brexit.

Because I've just returned from Spain where my wife had severe abdominal pain. Took her to the local health centre and saw an English speaking doctor within twenty minutes.

Doctor referred her to the local hospital where within three hours, she saw an English speaking consultant, had an Ultrasound scan, an x-ray and full spectrum blood tests. Consultant spoke to her with all results to hand and diagnosed Diverticulitis, then gave her a prescription for antibiotics. These cost 8 Euros and, with her EHIC card were the only thing she had to pay for.

Consultant recommended she contact her own doctor on return to check things out.

I knew we were home when we arrived at Gatwick, the trains were late and/or cancelled and there were no appointments available with her own doctor for two weeks.

Yep, hopefully the current system will improve with the Brexit funding.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You carry on blindly ignoring the truth :thumbsup:
The truth, which you don't seem to understand, is that leave voters knew that there would likely be some economic downturns, but considered that a price worth paying. It was the remainers all along who were banging on about the economy - and that argument failed to win the day.
But you carry on pointing out to us leavers what we already knew, and kid yourself you are making revelations that will shock us and make us feel bad about voting to leave. We don't!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The truth, which you don't seem to understand, is that leave voters knew that there would likely be some economic downturns, but considered that a price worth paying. It was the remainers all along who were banging on about the economy - and that argument failed to win the day.
But you carry on pointing out to us leavers what we already knew, and kid yourself you are making revelations that will shock us and make us feel bad about voting to leave. We don't!

Good summary.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

To a point perhaps. However it is well known that a weaker exchange rate stimulates economic growth via exports. It is this that is behind recent German economic strength as they benefit from the Euro under-valuing their economy. The converse is the perpetual recession in Southern Europe caused by an over valued exchange rate. Those simply
pointing out price rises of consumer goods set by tax avoiding multinational companies are accidentally/deliberately misrepresenting the bigger picture by ignoring the economic benefits of an exchange rate that has been revalued lower.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This level of delusion would be funny if it were not so tragic.

Well considering you and others were deluded and sucked in that the economy was going to collapse immediately the vote reached Leave, it might be seen that your predictions and scaremongering were tragic.......

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Well considering you and others were deluded and sucked in that the economy was going to collapse immediately....

Just out of interest, did you feel before 23 June that the economy would suffer more in the short term than was the case, and if you didn't (your reference to being sucked in and deluded suggests you didn't) on what grounds did you base your analysis of likely data for the second half of 2016?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just out of interest, did you feel before 23 June that the economy would suffer more in the short term than was the case, and if you didn't (your reference to being sucked in and deluded suggests you didn't) on what grounds did you base your analysis of likely data for the second half of 2016?

I am not sure if you are asking a question or telling me the answer.
I did not feel the economy would suffer in the immediate short term, i felt it COULD suffer for a while a bit further down the line but as has been stated MANY times, many think a bit of suffering that will be worth it in the end.
This "on what grounds did you base your analysis of likely data for the second half of 2016", i based my "analysis" on what i felt, what i wanted, i wanted out, i voted out.
What "analysis" were the experts going on when they predicted the "likely data for the second half of 2016"....... seems their expert "analysis" was well out.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Brexit thread has sprung back into life after a brief lull. We're just over 1500 views away from the big one million.

Never in the field of straw clutching and insults was so much viewed by so many.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Oh well, give you more money for the increasingly inflated food and fuel.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yep, hopefully the current system will improve with the Brexit funding.

Oh well, if such optimism is the order of the day may I pitch in with the welcome news that an early Anglo-Canadian bilateral trade deal now seems to be on the horizon. Some are suggesting that it will be concluded even before any deal with the USA. The further good news is that any deal is likely to bring benefits for the UK economy. Indeed, the prediction is that it will be nearly as beneficial to Britain as the deal already agreed between the EU and Canada would have been.

Not quite as beneficial obviously because, as a Canadian source pointed out, the size of the UK economy compared to that of the EU means that the potential benefits to Canada are much less and that will affect what they will be able to offer London. Still, it's better than no deal at all. Tremendous news indeed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well, if such optimism is the order of the day may I pitch in with the welcome news that an early Anglo-Canadian bilateral trade deal now seems to be on the horizon. Some are suggesting that it will be concluded even before any deal with the USA. The further good news is that any deal is likely to bring benefits for the UK economy. Indeed, the prediction is that it will be nearly as beneficial to Britain as the deal already agreed between the EU and Canada would have been.

Not quite as beneficial obviously because, as a Canadian source pointed out, the size of the UK economy compared to that of the EU means that the potential benefits to Canada are much less and that will affect what they will be able to offer London. Still, it's better than no deal at all. Tremendous news indeed.

Do you think that Canada might be worried that the EU might collapse, maybe others will be wanting a deal with the little old UK.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I am not sure if you are asking a question or telling me the answer.
I did not feel the economy would suffer in the immediate short term, i felt it COULD suffer for a while a bit further down the line but as has been stated MANY times, many think a bit of suffering that will be worth it in the end.
This "on what grounds did you base your analysis of likely data for the second half of 2016", i based my "analysis" on what i felt, what i wanted, i wanted out, i voted out.
What "analysis" were the experts going on when they predicted the "likely data for the second half of 2016"....... seems their expert "analysis" was well out.

So to summarise...

1. You feel that many people were 'deluded and sucked in' by believing those who said that the economy would suffer an immediate hit.

2. You were cleverer than that, and believed that it would not suffer in the short term.

3. Your considered reason for coming to this view and disagreeing with most economists was that, er, you knew what you wanted.

That's no explanation but I suppose we can't expect much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here