Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i wonder what Tomer is thinking

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Him and the ever reliable Skalak.

I'm as guilty as the next person at calling someone out on a match by match basis but not sure why fans need a bete noire at a club?

Possibly because one or two players should be squad/back up and no more?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well ****ing massive call to drop Murray after the season he's had - I wouldn't make it
But it would signify that Hughton favours form than names on the team sheet. This could be vital for Hemed's morale, which has no doubt taken a hit since last season.

Thankfully, as Murray seems to drops in form, Hemed comes into it - we shouldn't suffer in terms of goals.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the one that ended up with a few players in the back of the net would have been disallowed...not because of a foul but because referees seemed to always see a foul in those situations. Remind me of the other one?

More obvious miss was Duffy (at 2-2 I think) only had the keeper to beat but hit it at him from about 6 yards. Duffy seemed to spend the whole of the last 20 mins in the Brentford penalty box.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
More obvious miss was Duffy (at 2-2 I think) only had the keeper to beat but hit it at him from about 6 yards. Duffy seemed to spend the whole of the last 20 mins in the Brentford penalty box.

Think that was Murray who had shot saved from 6 yards out. Hemmed was unlucky with the header under the bar, under a lot of pressure and couldn't get over the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think that was Murray who had shot saved from 6 yards out. Hemmed was unlucky with the header under the bar, under a lot of pressure and couldn't get over the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nah, definitely Duffy.

b52a37146e931528b07254fd79776df9.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just don't play Murray & Hemed as the front 2 from the start.

The difference Hemed & Akpom made today gives an equally convincing case for starting both of them and using them as an impact sub pairing!!
I wasn't there, but (given the result) I assume Akpom and Hemed worked. I don't know why we didn't start with Akpom, is he really unfit or something?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Baldock fit - Murray to play, no Baldock then Hemed. Murray is not the same without baldock on the pitch. Dont know how to get the stats but would be interested in his goals with and without Baldock
That generally applies to Hemed as well. Our whole team benefits from Baldock being on the pitch. It's possible Akpon could also do the job, he hasn't had much of a chance yet, but we did ok with him on the pitch yesterday.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
i thought that we should have started with akpom given no Baldock. However can understand that Murphy does give ability to play all across the front and there was expectation I'm sure that skalak would also swap.

Once hemed and akpom came on however we played mixed it up more with a greater split of ball to feet as well as higher ball into the box. That made it harder to defend against and opened knocky up more. Hence the two goals we scored from his cross plus also the running at them by March.

Still see Murray and Baldock as first choice but clear we can now bring a viable plan b and c into it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wasn't there, but (given the result) I assume Akpom and Hemed worked. I don't know why we didn't start with Akpom, is he really unfit or something?

Doesn't seem unfit but did look bewildered a couple of times - maybe just "settling in".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's a predictable and dull answer, I was talking more hypothetically on the need for a player to hate.

As for your other insinuation if CH deems them worthy or capable of being in the squad then that's good enough for me.

Awwww, was I dull :laugh:

Yoda

English & European
Baldock fit - Murray to play, no Baldock then Hemed. Murray is not the same without baldock on the pitch. Dont know how to get the stats but would be interested in his goals with and without Baldock

In games where Baldock & Murray have started on the pitch together, Baldock has scored 6 goals & Murray 9. *Not taking into effect substitutions (ie Hemed had come on for Baldock before Murray scored the winner against Birmingham). There have also been 5 League matches where both have started and neither have scored. ALL away, as well as the League cup match at home to Reading.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Potential scapegoat material, but not the finished article.

The one I'd go for is Glen Murray. He actually used to play the scapegoat role pretty well for Brighton. The only Albion player to get the 'wanker' song directed at them, by Brighton fans and all because he didn't clap.

If anyone can do the scapegoat, Glenn Murray obviously can.

Not only do we have two players for every position, we also have Murray who can act as stand-in scapegoat for Norwood ! What a squad !!:O

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not only do we have two players for every position, we also have Murray who can act as stand-in scapegoat for Norwood ! What a squad !!:O

That is reserved for when Bong is back who will no doubt come straight back in for Pocognoli (I know how much CH rates Bong).

We also have Stockdale as 3rd choice scapegoat - you will see a few dormant aggressors knocking around these forums with comments and reluctant praise such as "had a good game but will get embarrassed in the PL" and "earned a point for us here but cost us equally this season".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here