Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With Everton Bournemouth and Sunderland on the horizon we can fairly safely say that'll be 9 points.
Not only will the game be up, but all the Muggy McMugmugs will be back wondering if Europe is still out of the question.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Palace legend William was back on Talksport tonight, but, much like his football team,was very disappointing. I think he may have stopped drinking.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably the worst thing for palace, if they do go down, is a lack of anything to show for all that money? As far as I can see they've been given the golden goose and blown the lot on crap footballers, who'll continue to bleed them dry in the second division. Where was the improvement in their infrastructure? Selhurst is crumbling, there won't be enough left to nail cladding to soon. Improvements in the training ground? Nope. I believe that they have installed (new?) improved floodlights, you know the ones that are causing their supporters seizures, and that's about it.

IF we do make it, I hope we try and remain prudent and not go down the same well trodden route (see: QPR, Forest, Leeds, Charlton etc etc etc) as palace and try to run before we can walk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone feeling remotely depressed tonight could easily cheer themselves up by popping on to twitter for a few minutes and having a browse through #cpfc tweets.

Nothing any of us can put on here will come close to the slagging off Fat Sam's army is getting from their own. This is one of the more moderate examples.

a105847091565b6eaac6f01b51f39929.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think he's wrong. I think the survival mark will be a fair bit lower this season.

I've just compared the table from this time last season to now.

The top 6 at this stage last season had 231 points between them. This season they have 266 + whatever points the Manchester clubs and Liverpool get tomorrow. The top clubs are stronger and the bottom clubs are weaker.

Newcastle went down with 37 last season and Sunderland survived with 39. Survival could well be closer to 30 points than 40 this time round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone feeling remotely depressed tonight could easily cheer themselves up by popping on to twitter for a few minutes and having a browse through #cpfc tweets.

Nothing any of us can put on here will come close to the slagging off Fat Sam's army is getting from their own. This is one of the more moderate examples.

a105847091565b6eaac6f01b51f39929.jpg
Blimey that's so close to the exact opposition of the number crunching NSC has been doing to get promoted. :lol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think he's wrong. I think the survival mark will be a fair bit lower this season.

I've just compared the table from this time last season to now.

The top 6 at this stage last season had 231 points between them. This season they have 266 + whatever points the Manchester clubs and Liverpool get tomorrow. The top clubs are stronger and the bottom clubs are weaker.

Newcastle went down with 37 last season and Sunderland survived with 39. Survival could well be closer to 30 points than 40 this time round.

That's a big ask to get 30 points Bozza!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a big ask to get 30 points Bozza!

It looks a long way away for them right now, I fully concede.

I just think Sam will, eventually, be able to whip them into the shape required to ensure they finish 4th worst.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here