Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - staying up around 'Uddersfield for the weekend after the away game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We're thinking about staying oop North for the weekend after the Huddersfield game. A quick look at a map suggest that the Peak District might be a decent place to be based. Neither of us have ever been. We've heard of Buxton, of course, so that's a starter for 10.

Any suggestions for towns/places to stay/visit please?

Ah good man...i'm sataying Thursday and Friday nights to explore the Northern Peaks...enjoy

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
Spent a few days in the area last summer. Was really impressed by Hebden Bridge and Haworth.

Glad you were impressed with Hebden Bridge last summer, it was positively post apocalyptic after the floods last winter. I'm staying there next weekend for the Heavenly Festival.

Spent a few days in the area last summer. Was really impressed by Hebden Bridge and Haworth.

Not sure February's the best time to visit, though. What about staying in Leeds?

I've stayed in hotels in Leeds twice. On both occasions, someone set off the fire alarm at about 4.00am. It's fine, if you don't mind hanging about in the street, in the company of semi-naked women who are nursing a sore head from the over-indulgences of the night before. Leeds must attract as many hen parties as Brighton.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
When we play in that neck of the woods I always stay with friends in Hebden Bridge. As well as being picturesque it's a very lively place with venues such as the Fox & Goose and the Trades Club.

My friends have only just moved back in after being one of the victims of last years flooding.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
B&B booked just outside Eyam - [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] tale of plague and nobility was the clincher. All that's left is for me to put a call in to Stoker to ask if we can pop round for dinner one evening and we'll be all set.

Thanks for all the suggestions...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Eyam- is that anywhere near Eyupduck?

Also, somebody mentioned Hebden Bridge. I do believe [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] has a song about that place :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
I've stayed in hotels in Leeds twice. On both occasions, someone set off the fire alarm at about 4.00am. It's fine, if you don't mind hanging about in the street, in the company of semi-naked women who are nursing a sore head from the over-indulgences of the night before. Leeds must attract as many hen parties as Brighton.
did you offer them your coat /jkt???
regards
DR

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Eyam- is that anywhere near Eyupduck?

Also, somebody mentioned Hebden Bridge. I do believe [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] has a song about that place :lolol:

Not sure - I'll have a look. The only other thing I know about it is that they make a waxed semi-hard cheese.

CC is the Cole Porter of NSC...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here