Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Historic Brighton Pubs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Buccaneer West Street? It was the one I remember people often said it had kicked off at when you got to the match. Is the Derek Carver in the Lanes still going?

No, The Buccaneer was opposite the Sea Life Centre, it became Audio nightclub. I can't remember what it's called now.
Derek Carver, don't know to be honest, I haven't been down that road for ages.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=19152]osgood[/MENTION]
Here is a question for you, do you remember what the Buccaneer was called before?
I don't remember it but I've just found a photo.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Buccaneer West Street? It was the one I remember people often said it had kicked off at when you got to the match. Is the Derek Carver in the Lanes still going?

your getting mixed up with The Bosun,,,
Deryk Carver is still there , but renamed to something else ,,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
your getting mixed up with The Bosun,,,
Deryk Carver is still there , but renamed to something else ,,

The Deryk Carver is called The Black Lion. It's been The Black Lion for some time (getting on for 40 years), even though everyone called it the Deryk Carver

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
The Deryk Carver is called The Black Lion. It's been The Black Lion for some time (getting on for 40 years), even though everyone called it the Deryk Carver

Ha. Interesting. Took my daughter there few years ago but never occurred it was Deryck Carver. Carver was often at the end of a run of a number of pubs like Pavilion Druids Pump House Sussex so never really aware of my surroundings by that time which could explain. But FORTY YEARS? Is that really so?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Course I was thinking Bosun not Buccanner. Is that pub next to Hungary Years by chance the one that used to be called the Arlington?

The Buccaneer was next to The Hungry Years, don't remember it being the Arlington.

Do you remember the Escape club or Audio, it's there.
It was called The Pier many years back, I don't remember it though.

image.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like the fact that we used to have a pub named after the actor who played 'Corky' in 'Sykes'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here