Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber: The Transfer Window

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A large number of whiney sniping responses, and a small number of positive posts. The former get none to 4 thumbs up. The latter, especially the early ones, dozens. Viva the silent majority. Thanks to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for posting :thumbsup:

UTA

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It is a bit of a shame that our CEO has to write programme ntes to answer questions from a bunch of dickheads.

Or genuine questions from paying customers ( fans of the club ) that maybe do not understand how the transfer window works, and why transfer targets fell through.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So where are they? Have I missed a signing or two?

You said we didn't have any back up plans. We quite clearly did, did you read Barber's response? Just because we didn't succeed in getting them, doesn't mean we didn't have any.

I don't really know why I'm bothering to explain, it really isn't that difficult to understand for anyone with half a brain in their head.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
They have not been a shambles sing Hyppia...and that was a differenct team behind the scenes. Since then they have been excellent. Why would they suddenly go "oh, we don't need options like we have been doing." Do you think they all fell over and hit their head? Or is it more reasonable that things just didn't come off on one target. We got players in all our other target positions, we missed one.

Probably the most important one we have ever needed . Just opinions i know but can't think of another premier team with just three average strikers two of which are injured a huge gamble no matter how it's dressed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You said we didn't have any back up plans. We quite clearly did, did you read Barber's response? Just because we didn't succeed in getting them, doesn't mean we didn't have any.

I don't really know why I'm bothering to explain, it really isn't that difficult to understand for anyone with half a brain in their head.

So am I. It would be an utter shambles to announce who we went for. Not to mention unprofessional.

If our two back ups as well as our two main targets all went tits up then it really was a shambles and a perfect example of why you shouldn’t leave things to the last minute.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If our two back ups as well as our two main targets all went tits up then it really was a shambles and a perfect example of why you shouldn’t leave things to the last minute.

See post #1.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
If Paul Barber and recruitment team can't admit to the mistakes being made in the summer transfer window and not learnt from them, God help us in January.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
You just come accross as just not knowing how things work at all. Some of the targets won't be available early in the window etc. But you don't believe that.

So far you have called others supporters 'dickheads' 'insane' and 'idiots' - Maybe just wind your neck in a bit? Some of us just disagree with PB I don't know why you are getting so uptight?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Nothing from PB that we didn't already know. Thing is, Paul, the club failed to plug the single biggest most obvious gap in our squad. So everything you say in that diatribe is just PR bullsh1t. No doubt some on here will lap it up, but some of us know better. You, like all of us, are and should be judged on results. You failed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As Homer Simpson once said : "The problem in the world today is communication. Too much communication"

Get over yourself , Paul.
For whatever reasons, the window didn't go to plan. Take the hit, and get on with it.
If you've got the hump because you saw some mean posts about yourself or Tony bloom on this site it was a tiny, tiny minority.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nothing from PB that we didn't already know. Thing is, Paul, the club failed to plug the single biggest most obvious gap in our squad. So everything you say in that diatribe is just PR bullsh1t. No doubt some on here will lap it up, but some of us know better. You, like all of us, are and should be judged on results. You failed.

What exactly is it that you know better than others then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here