Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2017

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheecky Thursday evening meal at Planet India last night. Remains, simultaneously, the best vegetarian restaurant in town and the best curry house in town AND has the best drinks list of any restaurant in town. The addition of some BANGING onion bhajis to the menu is a power move.

Remarkable really that most people I speak to still haven't been, not to mention some very popular food bloggers.

**** it, 10/10

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any advice on Latino America in Hove, Is it any good or somewhere to avoid?

I've not been myself but Mrs W and Miss W went a few weeks ago for lunch and said it was excellent.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've not been myself but Mrs W and Miss W went a few weeks ago for lunch and said it was excellent.

I went last night, it was brilliant, really good service, lovely food, great staff, The owner took time to speak to us after the meal and I asked about the Albion connections. I shared the Steak platter, Rump, Serlion, Rib eye and Fillet two side and side salad, more than enough there, the rib eye was outstanding.

would recommend, I did think it was a little pricey for Hove, however I will be returning again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Two Brighton/Hove restaurants in the top 100 of the National Restaurant Awards. 64 degrees 30th and Little Fish Market 44th.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cheecky Thursday evening meal at Planet India last night. Remains, simultaneously, the best vegetarian restaurant in town and the best curry house in town AND has the best drinks list of any restaurant in town. The addition of some BANGING onion bhajis to the menu is a power move.

Remarkable really that most people I speak to still haven't been, not to mention some very popular food bloggers.

**** it, 10/10

The Hove or Brighton one ? is one better than the other ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I went to the Brighton one that time.

I would say in terms of quality of food that they are very similar, the menus do differ slightly but not much. The husband works front if house at the Hove branch and the wife at the Brighton branch. He is a better host and the atmosphere is a bit more buzzy I would say but she's getting into it a bit more. There's not much in it but next time I'll be going to Hove I reckon.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I reckon the Hove one is marginally 'fancier', though the term is relative - it's still very very informal and all about the flavour of the food. The Hove one doesn't to the 'half and half' curries but I love both equally.

I agree with [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] and would say it's one of the most underrated eating places here.

Said it before and I'll say it again, the Dhai Bel Puri is my favourite single dish from any restaurant, anywhere in Brighton.

Did the Chilli Pickle last week. Very nice food, very slow (but friendly, and apologetic) service, and I'd say it's pricier than it should be.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I reckon the Hove one is marginally 'fancier', though the term is relative - it's still very very informal and all about the flavour of the food. The Hove one doesn't to the 'half and half' curries but I love both equally.

I agree with [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] and would say it's one of the most underrated eating places here.

Said it before and I'll say it again, the Dhai Bel Puri is my favourite single dish from any restaurant, anywhere in Brighton.

Did the Chilli Pickle last week. Very nice food, very slow (but friendly, and apologetic) service, and I'd say it's pricier than it should be.

Agree about Planet India, although I haven't been to the Hove branch. And I'm a big fan of their Black Chickpea Curry.

I'm also a big fan of Chilli Pickle, especially their tandoor grills and certain curries (Oxtail Madras and Pork Vindaloo are lodged very firmly in my mind here). But regarding service, I'm a fan of slow service, provided we're not in a hurry and have informed the waiting staff that we're in a hurry. Going out for dinner, especially at the better restaurants, is not a regular affair and one of the worse things is being rushed through it. This is one of the reasons why I haven't been to 64 Degrees for a while, as they have 90 minute seatings.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Went to Cin Cin on saturday for lunch. Had the meat sharer and rabbit Crochette(sp?) for starters and a lamb ragu for main. Was amazing. 9/10

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely DELIGHTED for Michael Bremner winning the main course on Great British Menu. It was a special at 64 Degrees when we went back 10 days ago for Mrs GBs birthday. We had a seat at the pass and the chefs were quite busy so didn't interact much for the first three dishes, then the ox tongue dish came out. It was absolutely fantastic, we said so to the chefs and I very nearly ordered a second one.

Obviously we chatted more to the chefs after that and they hinted very strongly how well the dish had done. Thought I'd keep it under my hat until now because of spoilers and our chat feeling like a confidence.

Just another reason why we're very lucky to have Michael's restaurant in our City centre. I hope he doesn't overstretch himself with adding his new venture because I think he's probably just added a couple of weeks or more to the 64 Degrees waiting list times.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely DELIGHTED for Michael Bremner winning the main course on Great British Menu. It was a special at 64 Degrees when we went back 10 days ago for Mrs GBs birthday. We had a seat at the pass and the chefs were quite busy so didn't interact much for the first three dishes, then the ox tongue dish came out. It was absolutely fantastic, we said so to the chefs and I very nearly ordered a second one.

Obviously we chatted more to the chefs after that and they hinted very strongly how well the dish had done. Thought I'd keep it under my hat until now because of spoilers and our chat feeling like a confidence.

Just another reason why we're very lucky to have Michael's restaurant in our City centre. I hope he doesn't overstretch himself with adding his new venture because I think he's probably just added a couple of weeks or more to the 64 Degrees waiting list times.

Oh good for him. Find that show completely annoying these days with their themed dishes but he always puts a great slant on it so do keep an eye on it.

Any idea when his new gaff is opening?

There's a new little Thai place opened down near Maroccos opened with only has 4 seats, if anyone is down that way and fancies checking it out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a new little Thai place opened down near Maroccos opened with only has 4 seats, if anyone is down that way and fancies checking it out.

4 seats....that is tiny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here