Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Saturday I attempt to break a Guinness World Record

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One of my trainers keeps banging on about doing 100 burpees for time, but I'm a little bit scared by the thought of it. I know he's gonna make us do it one session though :eek:

I can't really contemplate what it must be like doing that over and over and over and over again, throughout a 24-hour period!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of you may already know that this year I am completing over 67,000 burpees
Nice. Following some basic research I can confirm this is not a mini burp.

to help raise money for new fetal endoscopic equipment at St George's Hospital, Tooting, after they saved the lives of our twin boys whilst still in the womb after we were diagnosed with twin to twin transfusion syndrome.
Just had a look at the article, delighted your boys both made it. We lost a 7 month old baby girl who'd had the same syndrome (didn't have an op).

Good luck with the burpees.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Just had a look at the article, delighted your boys both made it. We lost a 7 month old baby girl who'd had the same syndrome (didn't have an op).

I am very sorry to hear this. I'm doing all of this with the families effected by TTTS firmly in mind, and I will be sure to think of you next Saturday. I'm printing off all the messages I've had from the TTTS Facebook support group to have in front of me as motivation.

And guys, thank you all so much for the donations! We are almost £6,500 now which is bloody amazing. Thank you

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just bumping this up the board for [MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION]

If you haven't donated already – please do it! It's really easy and for a great cause.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Just bumping this up the board for [MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION]

If you haven't donated already – please do it! It's really easy and for a great cause.

Thanks so much mate - really appreciate it. I'm going from nervous, to excited, to feeling confident, to second guessing myself. In other words, I'm a wreck! I am what sportsmen and women would say though, in the zone. I can't be any more ready now. Still, I need to focus on day 335 tonight first! Thank you all for your amazing donations which has seen us jump to £6,455 raised for the hospital. Bloody marvellous!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm a little bit in awe of you, Craig. You are doing amazingly well.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

You seem to be one the nicest NSC posters. Well never meet but as a father I cant even get my head around that. My best wishes really go to you and your daughters mother x Just brings a tear to my eye.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's gone through 4,000 now. Still looking pretty strong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Craig has an hour to go.

NSC has donated £250 which has helped nudge him over the £10,000 barrier.

He has a BIG "Money raised" counter in front of him, so chip in a fiver, if you can, to give him a boost as he pushes on: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Craig-PetersTTTs

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Craig has an hour to go.

NSC has donated £250 which has helped nudge him over the £10,000 barrier.

He has a BIG "Money raised" counter in front of him, so chip in a fiver, if you can, to give him a boost as he pushes on: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Craig-PetersTTTs
Just saw that Bozza - top work. Puts him through his revised target of £10,110 too.

I can't imagine how he must be feeling...

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Did Craig break the record?
I heard somewhere that he reached just over 64,000... not quite managing to break the record.

Monumental effort nonetheless and he should be hugely proud. Raised a lot of money for a good cause too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Did Craig break the record?
Not sure but his fundraising is near £12k which is a brilliant effort. He posted something about giving an update tomorrow.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I hope [MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION] doesn't mind me posting this here, but here's an update from him over on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ForTheBoysTTTS/posts/728663953969146

Total respect for him and what he managed to achieve :bowdown:

I can't thank you enough for all your support and for popping in. Sorry I couldn't chat much! It was also great to see [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] there too and his donation on behalf of NSC - wow. Thank you everyone. Still feeling quite delicate today both mentally and physically but I'm getting there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here