Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get well soon, Brackers

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I've never met him, but I can confirm that, at the RSCH, he's in very good hands. Hope to see him at the post heart attack gym sessions.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Top guy. Has helped us (Mid Sussex Seagulls) with some great quizzes recently. Get Well soon Peter.

Agreed ... a good night out with top entertainment - he really took the piss out of Butts (who took it really well if reading this). Peter is also the voice over for a number of highlights shown pre match (if my memory serves me correctly the BHAFC womens games as well as the U-21's) Get well soon !

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Hello,

Peter wanted to say thank you to all of his well wishers. He is extremely overwhelmed at the amount of messages & is very grateful for all of your kind words.

He is in good spirits and had a pacemaker fitted without any complications yesterday and is looking forward to getting home very soon.

He feels very lucky that there were such amazing people to take care of him before the paramedics arrived and he is currently enjoying keeping the nurses on their toes & watching the “entertainment” courtesy of the other patients.

He had a slight worry when watching the football on Saturday, but no worse than the rest of us and he is planning on doing a “Brackley Blog” in due course to thank everybody himself.

Thanks.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Hello,

Peter wanted to say thank you to all of his well wishers. He is extremely overwhelmed at the amount of messages & is very grateful for all of your kind words.

He is in good spirits and had a pacemaker fitted without any complications yesterday and is looking forward to getting home very soon.

He feels very lucky that there were such amazing people to take care of him before the paramedics arrived and he is currently enjoying keeping the nurses on their toes & watching the “entertainment” courtesy of the other patients.

He had a slight worry when watching the football on Saturday, but no worse than the rest of us and he is planning on doing a “Brackley Blog” in due course to thank everybody himself.

Thanks.

Brilliant stuff.

Is that Paul?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hello,

Thanks.
Glad to hear he's getting better.

Thank you for the update.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to hear he is recovering. I saw him at the Amex a couple of weeks ago with Chris Cattlin.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I remember Brackers from his BBC Radio Brighton News / Sport days. I used to be part of a Saturday morning kids club (broadcast live). Brackers was always very friendly and a complete gent.

Get well soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get well soon Peter
topman
Royal Sussex you are in good hands

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
From the man himself...

Hi All,

Just a very quick e-mail to let you all know my latest escapade, even more dramatic than the original 2013 version, continues apace!

Such was the hospital staff's desperate need to get me out that the cardiac arrest shocks, stent insertion (what IS that?) and pacemaker-type thing procedure have all been carried out in record time, and I was back home in just over five days after my initial heart attack.....

Progress is good as far as I know, and although I've not been able to get either Radio 4 or Talksport on the pacemaker device yet, it did link me up with Tim Peake, the space astronaut, for an exchange of Mumsnet (what IS that?) messages and a chat on Skype.

He says living in space is like a Man United home game, lots of people floating about aimlessly and no atmosphere.

More to follow... but not today, I'm supposed to relax and besides, Pointless is on.

Catch up again soon ( just to warn you in advance), and many, many thanks for all the kind messages, to which I will respond!!

Cheers all
Peter

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Get well soon, Peter.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Great to hear you annoyed them in Hospital so they kicked you out in record time thoughts are with you and your familey and Amanda from The Mid Sussex Brighton Savannah crew. Get well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here