Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To those who do not agree with Trade Unions.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
This bit jumps out:

'the wood mill was destroyed'.

What do we know about Wood Treatment Limited? Realistically, are they in any position to meet their obligations?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Even though tube strike is a huge inconvenience I don't begrudge the Unions. Very easy for the establishment to divide and conquer the majority of us lesser mortals by instigating a race to the bottom so I'm happy to put up with if workers rights are protected. Christ knows they've been much eroded in recent decades. Besides I've got feet and can walk - exercise will do me good!

Yoda

English & European
It's true,people should just stop being so greedy,makes my blood boil,this country will rise again to the heights of the late 80s,early 90s as soon as TU reforms are passed,
We should stop getting ideas above our station and show some gratitude.

What f###ing heights of the late 80's, early 90's? All I remember is my dad going through 3 employees due to redundancies and my mum working two jobs just to earn enough to be able to pay mortgage/bills and feed the rest of us. Quite often, the most she would eat was beans on toast if anything at all.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What f###ing heights of the late 80's, early 90's? All I remember is my dad going through 3 employees due to redundancies and my mum working two jobs just to earn enough to be able to pay mortgage/bills and feed the rest of us. Quite often, the most she would eat was beans on toast if anything at all.

Mmm... beans on toast.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Serious question to any trade unionist.

Why are the Unions paying a political levy to a political party that supports the mass importation of cheap labour?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Some do Norm, some are doing very well indeed. And they don't need a trade union to keep hold of their riches.

Yes we've heard it all before, rich bankers blah,blah, blah, get a better job if you want more money instead of coasting along as a teacher.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This bit jumps out:

'the wood mill was destroyed'.

What do we know about Wood Treatment Limited? Realistically, are they in any position to meet their obligations?
Thank you for reading my opening post. As to Realisitcally would like to think Cheshire Fire Service and Insureur,s have signed the site off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes we've heard it all before, rich bankers blah,blah, blah, get a better job if you want more money instead of coasting along as a teacher.

I don't want more money you sanctimonious nitwit. I am very happy with my lot thanks (if i wasn't i would go back to a higher paying job).

I know it is a tough concept for you but my comment was about me but in relation to other people who are struggling. They include your beloved English working class who you decided to abandon at the first flash of a few quid in the city and the opportunity to live somewhere with less brown people.

Anyway back to the trade unions. Surely you can't be going for the double and derailing two threads with your nonsense.

Last edited:

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
They would have had insurance for Business Interruption.

In which case its incredible that we don't have legislation in 2015 protecting the staff. Unless there is? If not, it's sad really.

Kudos to the OP, this case highlights a lot.

People should get on their bikes and find work,the bankers seem to be doing ok without T U support,Union leaders should be imprisoned,they're sending this country to the dogs!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
People should get on their bikes and find work,the bankers seem to be doing ok without T U support,Union leaders should be imprisoned,they're sending this country to the dogs!

A large majority of banking staff are clerical / call centre staff and technical staff (IT, finance etc), and in my experience most big UK banks are reasonably heavily unionised. There's very few major industrial issues as by and large the high street banks are responsible employers and engage in open dialogue with staff directly and via their representative bodies. In return the unions and staff rep bodies also behave reasonably, balancing the interests and aspirations of current members with the need to maintain the health of the company in order to ensure continued and new employment opportunities in the long term.
This Constant harping on about "the bankers" relates to a few thousand highly rewarded professional gamblers employed in the merchant banking / corporate side of the industry and others who are not "bankers" at all (hedge funds, traders and others that look for a quick buck by gaming the market or looking for arbitrage opportunities whilst adding very little of value to society). These people (often despicable human beings that value a £ way above anything else) are not representative of the hundreds of thousands of dedicated people providing your and my day to day personal and business banking needs, generally to high standards and at a reasonable cost. Please stop using "bankers" as a derogatory term - if you need to call out greedy, self-interested City fat cats then do it in more specific terms please.
Thank you
A Banker

A large majority of banking staff are clerical / call centre staff and technical staff (IT, finance etc), and in my experience most big UK banks are reasonably heavily unionised. There's very few major industrial issues as by and large the high street banks are responsible employers and engage in open dialogue with staff directly and via their representative bodies. In return the unions and staff rep bodies also behave reasonably, balancing the interests and aspirations of current members with the need to maintain the health of the company in order to ensure continued and new employment opportunities in the long term.
This Constant harping on about "the bankers" relates to a few thousand highly rewarded professional gamblers employed in the merchant banking / corporate side of the industry and others who are not "bankers" at all (hedge funds, traders and others that look for a quick buck by gaming the market or looking for arbitrage opportunities whilst adding very little of value to society). These people (often despicable human beings that value a £ way above anything else) are not representative of the hundreds of thousands of dedicated people providing your and my day to day personal and business banking needs, generally to high standards and at a reasonable cost. Please stop using "bankers" as a derogatory term - if you need to call out greedy, self-interested City fat cats then do it in more specific terms please.
Thank you
A Banker

I'm not,I'm just saying people need to know there place,union members should be banned from using the NHS,that's what I say.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unions saved my bacon from the malicious wrong doings of a security company I used to work for. Refused to pay me when I was off after being stabbed with a screwdriver on the job, refused to let me take it as holiday pay. Tried to have me done for gross misconduct to get out of paying me back pay they owed and holiday pay they hadn't provided.

The boss was this huge Nigerian who could barely speak English but tried to intimidate staff into cowtowing to his will. The look on his face was priceless when I turned up to the hearing with my union rep and a witness in tow. The rep proceeded to shut him down and I walked out of there with a cheque for 4k and I already had another job lined up well away form the security sector.

I seem to recall I was suspended from work at the time and so also got free legal aid (of course, Tory's have done away with that now. Typically) who said they'd back me if it went to court.

You'd be shocked the amount of bully's there are out there. Unions ensure they do not get away with it.

Unions. Join one. They're good.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't want more money you sanctimonious nitwit. I am very happy with my lot thanks (if i wasn't i would go back to a higher paying job).

I know it is a tough concept for you but my comment was about me but in relation to other people who are struggling. They include your beloved English working class who you decided to abandon at the first flash of a few quid in the city and the opportunity to live somewhere with less brown people.

Anyway back to the trade unions. Surely you can't be going for the double and derailing two threads with your nonsense.
if you cant take it then dont dish it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here