Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Home Wanted For 530 Reggae CDs!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Good on you for finding them a new home rather than chucking them, and offering to deliver too, +1 for kindness.

Having since retired, it's got me thinking about my own mortality. I don't know if this is "normal"? Things that used to be of great value to me have had that value diluted. I'm trying to reduce my possessions to make it easier for whoever has to sort out the aftermath after the big day. This all sounds a bit macabre, but if I was a game of football, I'm well in to the second half! I don't think I'm losing it, just being realistic. Also, for any non-niceness I may have been guilty of in the last sixty or so years, I'm doing my best to redress the balance, not that I've ever considered myself to be "Mr. Nasty". It's nice to be nice. I try to do a "Random Act of Kindness" each day (Karma Army). This CD give away is part of that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having since retired, it's got me thinking about my own mortality. I don't know if this is "normal"? Things that used to be of great value to me have had that value diluted. I'm trying to reduce my possessions to make it easier for whoever has to sort out the aftermath after the big day. This all sounds a bit macabre, but if I was a game of football, I'm well in to the second half! I don't think I'm losing it, just being realistic. Also, for any non-niceness I may have been guilty of in the last sixty or so years, I'm doing my best to redress the balance, not that I've ever considered myself to be "Mr. Nasty". It's nice to be nice. I try to do a "Random Act of Kindness" each day (Karma Army). This CD give away is part of that.

Nothing wrong in reducing ones possessions.
When over one lifetime you (generic) can collect stuff that could possibly fill a garage for example.
My wife and myself have given away all our CDs and vinyl, now crammed onto ipod touch.
It's not an OCD thing, but living in a one bedroom house, you are very restricted for space, so both of us have given / sold items that we probably not use again. (it vague Christmas gifts from relatives)
About being Mr Nasty, everyone is allowed a bit of the devil in them at some point, so long as it doesn't encroach on ones sanity.
Great track listing BTW.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Put them on a table at Brixton Market.

Actually that might have worked 20 years ago, but even there nowadays it might not have the same attraction as a bag of Quinoa.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Respect.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
goggle with [ "may davis" reggae ska ]

Found her, made my wife's night as she's just informed me that May Davis was her next door neighbour and sat her on her lap and sang to her when she was 5 years old. Apparently she's got a picture of them both somewhere. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Wot no Bim Sherman?

These CD's are just a tiny portion of my collection. Proper Bim Sherman CD somewhere. Love the On-u Sound System stuff. The vinyl sound seemed to be a cut above anything else.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Can i have first dibs on your car mate as you're giving stuff away before you croak it?

Coffee soon (laced with my finest monkshood seeds!!!) ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Can i have first dibs on your car mate as you're giving stuff away before you croak it?

Coffee soon (laced with my finest monkshood seeds!!!) ?

You're in my will. I have left you a huge bag of Echium seeds!
I'll be in touch re coffee, ta.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I'm surprised no one has taken up your generous offer yet, the missus would of been really interested but living in Lincolnshire makes collection a little awkward :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here