Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You are living in the past, Mrs May said this week she is for the workers not the fat cat bosses and this week she will prove it by sacking Horton and ensuring the guard remains on ALL trains

Theresa May also said: “All that should matter is the talent you have – and how hard you’re prepared to work.”

I'm not sure dossing off for three days a week now and again will qualify as working hard.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It is a legal matter which the RMT solicitors have told them to do, the dispute is a long way from being finished and as usual Horton is being a lying **** by suggesting otherwise. Even when it is finished his position with SASTA is untenable but like Crowther will be shunted to another cosy position paid for by the tax payer

Unlike Mick Cash who will be free to make commuters lives a misery for many years to come.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Shafted by the union for 2k .... Great. Why not advise the members to sign up whilst the offer was there rather than wait and then change tact. Mind you Cash wont mind on his fat salary

Yoda

English & European
Shafted by the union for 2k .... Great. Why not advise the members to sign up whilst the offer was there rather than wait and then change tact. Mind you Cash wont mind on his fat salary

Because at the end of the day, Southern could use that against them and say it was all about money when it really isn't.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because at the end of the day, Southern could use that against them and say it was all about money when it really isn't.

Both sides will spin it to their advantage as they have done all along. Seems a very odd move from the union but I certainly won't be complaining if it can restore some normality to the network. Think I'd be a bit miffed if I was a guard though.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just been on Swedish and Danish trains this morning. Cluster****.....not one train on time and the final (turned out to be penultimate) train didn't stop at our station in order to make up time. As it was the airport there were a lot of pissed of people. Felt like home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

rssb-letter.jpg

Interesting, but is it genuine ? Anyone could type that up, print it off and then present it as a "leaked document".

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
rssb-letter.jpg

Interesting, but is it genuine ? Anyone could type that up, print it off and then present it as a "leaked document".

Exactly what I thought - it doesn't look like an official document at all. Surely anything like that would contain a confidentiality mark?

albionite

May 20, 2009
rssb-letter.jpg

Gtr will take rmt, aslef to court over the smallest thing. Very much doubt they would put it out there without knowing it's genuine.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even if the document is a fake, surely the membership of this safety body is well known, and any corrupt or vested interests are already public knowledge ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here