Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British jihadis should they be allowed to return back to the UK ?

Should British jihadis be allowed back into the Uk after fighting abroad ?

• A simple Yes

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • A simple No

Votes: 148 94.3%

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Would have been treason in 1945 and a possible firing squad. Can't see how anybody could ever support this. Just invites future problems

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Surely by fighting HM forces, that is disloyalty to the crown, so a treasonable offence. Sadly that's life imprisonment rather than a capital offence these days, but if we can't send them back, then a lifetime in jail, meaning life. At least they can't do any more damage, apart from financially.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At least they can't do any more damage, apart from financially.

And apart from radicalising their off spring, and everyone they come into contact with inside, it is happening right now in prisons and is a rising problem.

This shit is just getting started, it will roll on for years and years decades in fact.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And apart from radicalising their off spring, and everyone they come into contact with inside, it is happening right now in prisons and is a rising problem.

This shit is just getting started, it will roll on for years and years decades in fact.

Can only see it getting worse. The middle East as a whole is a mess and these issues will continue

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I expect they'll go bleating off to the European courts (thankfully we'll soon be beyond their jurisdiction) which will no doubt rule they have a right to family life. Fine. We can send their families to join them.

I'm still amazed how deluded people are over Brexit. We will still be signed up to the European Convention of Human Rights, and therefore subject to the European Court of Human Rights and will be after we leave the EU given that is not the EU it is the European Council, a different organisation. This is enshrined in our domestic law by the Human Rights Act 1998. The white paper on a Great Repeal Bill, will mean existing EU law will be preserved after we leave, the Equalities Acts will remain, workers rights from EU law will remain, current European Case law (CJEU) will be preserved. So you are wrong that we will beyond their jurisdiction.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I guess it depends under what circumstances. If to face prosecution, yes..

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Surely by fighting HM forces, and representing an organisation which has murdered UK citizens (amongst other nationalities) that is disloyalty to the crown, so definitely a treasonable offence. Sadly that's life imprisonment rather than a capital offence these days, but if we can't send them back, then a lifetime in jail, meaning life and with similar conditions as 'infidels' would have expected whilst enduring their 'hospitality'. At least they can't do any more damage, apart from financially.
Personally I think they should be shot on sight as suspected of planning a terrorist attack !
I can't believe that the authorities allowed them to leave Raqqa on coaches provided and apparently without having confiscated their weapons - the atrocity in Sinai today may be linked ?

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems to me that the horse has already bolted and whatever posters views it is too late given reports that over 400 have already returned to the UK, or does everyone who voted no, want these people rounded up and expelled, but where to?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If they were born in Britain then I don't think there'd be much option, so these could be hanged for treason. For those who became British Citizens and effectively have dual nationality, hang them for treason also and send remains back from whence they came.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They can come back for life imprisonment with no chance of parole.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems to me that the horse has already bolted and whatever posters views it is too late given reports that over 400 have already returned to the UK, or does everyone who voted no, want these people rounded up and expelled, but where to?
The morgue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
concentration camps then

Not quite concentration camps, perhaps, but since a majority of public opinion will not allow them to be executed, some sort of special prison, exclusive to returning jihadis, with no contact with the outside world, no religious privileges, and no release ever. A sort of UK Guantanamo Bay, perhaps.
Of course, if we can find any possibility that they might have threatened US citizens (or interests) at any time, we could just hand the scumbags over to the Yanks (who of course aren't bound by any European conventions on human rights).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm still amazed how deluded people are over Brexit. We will still be signed up to the European Convention of Human Rights, and therefore subject to the European Court of Human Rights and will be after we leave the EU given that is not the EU it is the European Council, a different organisation. This is enshrined in our domestic law by the Human Rights Act 1998. The white paper on a Great Repeal Bill, will mean existing EU law will be preserved after we leave, the Equalities Acts will remain, workers rights from EU law will remain, current European Case law (CJEU) will be preserved. So you are wrong that we will beyond their jurisdiction.

We're not talking about workers' rights. Yes, the Convention on Human Rights will remain, but not the supremacy of the ECJ over UK law. And once we're out, we can change any EU laws which we do take on through the Great Repeal Bill - which takes the EU laws into British law, but once there they will be British laws, not EU ones, so Parliament can change them.
And if the Human Rights bods insist that they have 'a right to family life', fine, they can have one; we'll ship their families out too.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

To graves where they will be covered in pig skins!!!!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
How can any sensible person vote "Yes"
These people have vowed to destroy our way of life just because it doesn't correspond with their warped views. I've little objection to anybody having a different point of view from mine but I draw the line someway short of killing someone for it.
Whatever happened to "live and let live" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here